At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
- Candidate will work with diverse business functions and development team across multiple line of businesses
- Candidate will get opportunity to understand functioning of current trading and risk systems and get involved in building and supporting caching/computing platform for these systems
- Candidate will have to understand systems and application code to troubleshoot and provide guidance to app dev teams
- Consults with internal business groups to provide application software development services or technical support.
- Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs.
- Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using standard development methodology.
- Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards.
- Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications.
- Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
- Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies.
- Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions.
- Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- The candidate will be expected to solve software, and infrastructure problems in relation to complex trading processes.
- Design and develop automated stress testing harnesses, recommend and implement solutions, participate in and conduct code review sessions, and provide process improvements.
- The candidate will additionally be expected to provide hands on technical support, advice, and consultation with open issues relating to supported applications plus assure quality, performance, security, trading risk controls, and compliance for those application platforms.
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 10+ years of Middleware experience
- 7+ years of experience with the installation, configuration, implementation or administration of middleware application server installations on Red Hat Linux or Unix environments
- 6+ years of application production support experience
- 5+ years of UNIX experience
- 4+ years of capital markets experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 5+ years of Weblogic experience
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 5+ years of UNIX experience
- Experience with the installation, configuration and implementation or administration of Jboss Application Server
- Knowledge and understanding of technology support: administering a Windows server environment
- 4+ years of IIS experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of technology object oriented: analysis and design
- Knowledge and understanding of technology object oriented: design patterns and their application
- Knowledge and understanding of application lifecycle, from design and development to testing, implementation and production support
- Autosys experience
- PowerShell scripting experience
- Unix Shell scripting experience
- 3+ years of Tomcat administration experience
- Knowledge and understanding of technology platform development including large scale technology in a capital markets environment
- Hands on experience capturing functional and non-functional requirements, messaging middleware data flow issue troubleshooting
- Expert level skills understanding server infrastructure, storage and network data flow issues
- Extensive experience using data analysis skills using SAR, Splunk, PerfMon, Tcpdump, ITRS etc to analyze and correct grid issues
- Demonstrable experience with process automation using Linux or Windows scripting.
- Using documentation tools like Visio, MS Word, Confluence, Excel, Splunk etc
- Communicate and provide clarity on requirements to Tech Team
- Discuss, negotiate and communicate requirements with business dev teams & infrastructure partners
- Discuss and educate QA and Production Support teams
- Ability to understand business technical problems and articulate a corresponding solution
- This individual will work with development and technical support teams on application and/ or patch installation, configuration, systems integration, testing, user acceptance testing, deployment and post go-live support. They will be part of the 24X7 escalation support process for all Wells Fargo Securities Platform Management environments. The position will take a key role in support and implementation of application infrastructure that requires collaboration across various infrastructure teams to integrate best practices and efficiencies into production environments while mitigating risk through testing and capacity planning.
Candidate is expected to provide late and off hours support during critical business outages, business continuity events and production releases.
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours
- Flexibility to address incidents as needed 24 hours a day
- Flexibility to frequently be on call beyond normal working hours
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.