As a Business Systems Specialist, you will improve the marketing capabilities and business systems used within FAS.
This position is located in FAS, National Marketing & Communication Division (NMCD). This office is responsible for strategy, planning and executing customer marketing and communication outreach efforts that deliver value to FAS portfolios, our agency clients and the taxpayer.
We are currently filling one vacancy but additional vacancies may be filled as needed.
The position will report to a GSA office at one of the listed duty locations. This is not a virtual position.
As a Business Systems Specialist, your duties will include:
- Providing expert technical analysis, input, and guidance for the expansion of marketing automation systems and business intelligence (BI) capabilities within the FAS and introduces emerging marketing automation and BI principle, which impact the FAS Enterprise.
- Coordinating with the Office of GSA IT, Customer and Stakeholder Engagement (CASE) and other FAS organizations and technical groups to build or deploy system changes and enhancements on agency-wide systems including customer relationship management (CRM), marketing automation, database management, and other BI solutions.
- Managing system improvements, maintenance, and access/privilege roles of the CMLS system including CRM objects, web portal, and marketing automation platform related to outreach and marketing programs but not limited to marketing, training, events campaign management, tracking and CMLS inventory platform and website ordering system.
- Serving as product owner and utilizes up to date IT methodologies for execution of tasks (i.e. Agile Methodology).
- Identifying, assessing, prioritizing documents, and communicating requirements, risks, dependencies, and potential roadblocks relating to marketing automation, CRM and business intelligence projects by actively working within project teams consisting of business users, project managers, data analysts, data quality specialists, programmers, developers, and system architects.
- Preparing and conducting briefings for higher level management to explain process flow and data integrity, providing recommendations or action plans, and proposing guidance and direction for implementation of recommendations. Providing management with timely, accurate, and substantive input.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-13 salary range starts at $88,704 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience which is equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is guiding the development of business requirements to ensure efficient and effective use of marketing automation platforms and customer relationship management systems (CRM) and processes. Such experience must include:
- Developing and expanding marketing automation and CRM capabilities and functions;
- Identifying and resolving business systems issues;
- Evaluating systems and business processes in order to identify best practices and make recommendations;
- Translating business requirements into actionable technical development tasks;
- Serving as a liaison between technical and non-technical end users in order to interpret and translate business needs.