At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Strategic Execution and Operations Office focuses on achieving operational excellence across our businesses to enable the Company to execute more effectively against our regulatory priorities and further drive the Company’s transformation. As we focus on operational excellence and regulatory matters, this team will also address many other aspects of our company’s transformation, including setting priorities appropriately and strengthening and driving many of our business and risk management processes.
Wells Fargo Regulatory Relations (WFRR) oversees regulatory relations for Wells Fargo. It ensures an organized and cohesive approach to interacting with regulators and leads the company’s efforts to have a sustained and proactive dialogue on risk management to address regulatory expectations. It is responsible for developing and implementing the overall strategy for regulatory engagement, ensuring transparency and consistency of communications, providing oversight and guidance on the quality of regulatory responses, and ensuring adherence to enterprise-wide requirements.
This role reports directly to the Head of Business Initiatives Management within Wells Fargo Regulatory Relations. This team is responsible for supporting initiatives, strategic planning, and ad-hoc requests throughout the Regulatory Relations department. This team is also responsible for assisting with leading change efforts and interfacing with the Corporate Risk PMO team on various projects and initiatives.
The Wells Fargo Regulatory Relations team recently published a new policy and set of procedures that are being implemented across the enterprise in 2019. This role will lead key initiatives related to building key capabilities to support adherence to the policy and procedures as well as to build upon foundational elements established within the organization. This senior individual contributor role will manage daily interactions with key stakeholders as they work to implement new processes, controls, and programs across the organization. Team member will work with numerous other Business Initiative Consultants, Project Managers, and Regulatory Relations SMEs to complete project work, track key deliverables, raise issues, risks, and dependencies, and provide support and expertise to enable the key stakeholders to be successful. This senior individual contributor role will be visible, demanding, and rewarding.
Specific duties will include (but not limited to):
- Support the day to day management of various sized initiatives and oversee execution of deliverables
- Support program work streams including the work design, problem solving, and working sessions
- Develop or collaborate with PMO on updating program status reporting and identification and escalation of risks, issues, and/or key decisions.
- Assist with performing change management activities across the Regulatory Relations team - this work may also impact various Front Line and/or Enterprise Functions as well
**Candidate must be located in one of the (2) target location: Charlotte, NC *or* New York, NY**
Please Note: based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities within Wells Fargo.
- 12+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: business support, project management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Experience working at a federal bank regulatory agency or experience interacting with federal regulatory agencies managing regulatory examinations and continuous monitoring activities
- Ability to represent the company/business units to internal and external auditors, RECOR, OCC, or other regulatory agencies
- Ability to effectively assess stakeholder, partner, or client needs while consulting, building solutions, and developing processes
- Organizational effectiveness consulting experience
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Leadership skills including the ability to influence effectively in a matrix environment
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
To be determined
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.