At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Marketing and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Artificial Intelligence Enterprise Solutions (AIES), part of the Innovation Group at Wells Fargo, was formed in early 2017 with the goal of enabling the enterprise to leverage AI capabilities to deliver insightful and personalized experiences for customers and team members, drive greater operational efficiency, and better manage risk.
The AI Consultant / linguist will be responsible for building human language data sets to train machine learning models driving the chatbots. One of the key responsibilities for the AI team is to build and manage chatbot and virtual assistant (CVA) platforms to deliver conversational experiences for customers and team members all across the bank. The linguist should understand how all these platforms enable a good customer experience. They should be able to analyze historical customer interaction data and make decisions on how to use that data to build training data sets and train the models. Be a subject matter expert on ML model performance and tuning.
This is an opportunity to join a start-up within a large organization. Be flexible and adaptable – this is an evolving space, we’re going to learn, things will change. Be curious and creative – help us find solutions and chart the course. Be action-oriented – we need to roll up our sleeves, work hard, and get a lot of stuff done.
Preferred location is San Francisco, CA and Charlotte, NC
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Business Analytics/Insights, or Digital Products/Program Management
- Ability to be proactive, innovative and creative in meeting customer and enterprise needs
- Ability to develop and execute business vision, strategies, and goals
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 1 -2 years of hands-on experience working with chabots or NLP
- Identify and collect sources of data for creating training data sets for different use cases and channels
- Knowledge of classification models
- Extract meaningful and relevant utterances from historical data
- Train the chatbots using the data sets created for individual use cases
- Work closely with NLP teams to understand additional training data and/or corpus data requirements and annotation requirements
- Annotate training data on an ongoing basis to maintain high quality training data sets
- Report of data quality and model performance metrics
- Work closely with Conversational Design teams to manage the process of reviewing and maintaining the bot conversational experience performance
- Monitor the performance of the bot, frequently review key metrics and reports, and add additional data to improve the performance of the chatbots
- Ensure that our Virtual Assistant delivers intelligent and intuitive conversations, resulting in a great customer experience on an on-going basis
- Experience designing, developing and deploying large training data sets
- Familiar with utterances, entities, intents, classification, annotation, business rules and APIs
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence (AI) industry trends and business applications
- Strong understanding on data management and annotation processes
- 5 plus years of experience working in a professional
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.