The Pennsylvania State Police is seeking an experienced and dependable Police Communications Operator.
If you are looking for a challenging, rewarding career and possess excellent communication skills, apply today!
40 hour work week
Rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays
Resume is the required attachment
As a Police Communications Operator (PCO) for the Pennsylvania State Police, Troop F, Emporium you will:
• Receive calls from the general public and county 911 operators regarding emergency and non-emergency police issues.
• Question callers to gather details, determine response requirements, and assign relative priorities of incidents.
• Dispatch and relay incident information to responding Troopers.
• Contact municipal police, fire, ambulance, towing, PennDOT, etc., to provide incident details and request assistance and response.
• Utilize CLEAN, JNET, and PFAD to access, research, and maintain records.
• Establish and maintain incident information in electronic record management systems.
• Communicate with Troopers and other PCOs regarding active incidents or concerns.
Two years of experience using two-way radio, multi-line telephone, or computer aided dispatch systems;
Two years of experience using computer systems for entering, updating, and retrieving information;
Completion of 60 college credits;
An equivalent combination of experience and training.
• All employees must possess a clear, firm voice and no major speech, hearing, or visual impairments that would interfere with understanding verbal communication, being understood, or using electronic communications equipment and visual display equipment.
• All employees must obtain an active Public Safety Telecommunicator certification issued by the Association of Public Safety Communications Officials within the probationary period and maintain the same for the duration of employment in this job.
• All employees must obtain active Commonwealth Law Enforcement Assistance Network (CLEAN) and Pennsylvania Justice Network (JNET) certifications issued by the Pennsylvania State Police within the probationary period and maintain the same for the duration of employment in this job.
If you need an accommodation for the interview due to a disability, please call the number listed above.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.