At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses. Note: Additional OCC language is required to be added to Wholesale job openings.
Wells Fargo Commercial Capital (WFCC) combines Wholesale’s secured lending businesses including Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF), Corporate Trust Services (CTS), Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF). This consolidated group of businesses helps customers leverage their company’s assets into flexible financing solutions. WFCC is a leading contributor to Wholesales revenue, assets, and net income.
This position is within Corporate Trust Services (CTS), a division of Commercial Capital.
Manage staff responsible for reverse engineering structured finance deals (mortgage-backed securities, asset-backed securities and collateralized debt obligations). Hire, motivate and coach staff to ensure client service obligations are met. Provide technical direction, support and training to staff in all areas. Resolve issues for all levels of deal structures, escalated client issues and inquiries based on diverse client needs. Recommend capacity measures and policy changes and coordinate deal allocation. Review, track and monitor reports for items requiring action. May manage projects related to new product development or service improvements.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 2+ years of securitization modeling experience
- 1+ year of team leadership or management experience
- Management experience
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Change management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proficient/expert in Access, Excel, and VBA
- Experience with Intex modeling language, Intex Dealmaker, Intex Calc
- Knowledge of one or more of the following asset classes: Domestic and International RMBS, CMBS, and CLO; State and Local Municipal Housing Agencies; Municipal & Corporate Debt; Lease; ABS Student Loans
- Strong grasp of securitized product deal structures and bond payment calculations
- Knowledge of REMIC tax is a plus
- Experience with securities legal documents such as Trust Agreements, Indentures, Prospective Supplements, Pooling and Servicing Agreements, and Private Placement Memorandums
- Ability to focus on delivering exceptional customer service while considering impacts of decisions
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to detail
- Four year degree in Finance, Math, Computer Science or other analytical discipline
- Masters or other graduate level work in an analytical discipline
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
NY-New York: Min: $100,800 Mid: $144,000
MD-Columbia: Min: $92,400 Mid: $132,000
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $84,000 Mid: $120,000
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
MD-Columbia: 9062 Old Annapolis Road - Columbia, MD
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.