At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Experience Designer Lead within PNC's Staff Services Technology practice you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA or Strongsville, OH.
As an Experience Designer Lead you will engage with business partners to leverage a human centered design approach to solve complex problems in a manner that meets the customers’ needs and sets PNC apart in the marketplace. You will lead projects from concept to launch as well as intervene at various stages of projects that require thoughtful consulting and expertise. Through collaboration with teammates and line of business partners, you will develop vision and strategy, execute research, prototyping and testing and carry concepts through execution.
In addition, you will bring a mix of great visual aesthetic with an ability to understand how to make a complex product feel simple and intuitive. You will also manage and lead feature development, and contribute to early product definition. This role will be responsible for designing and directing the creation of UI, info architecture, interaction designs, and visual design of experiences.
• Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and detailed UI and visual design specifications
• Understand target users deeply: develop or work from user profiles and conduct task analysis, create user scenarios or use stories
• Help define product direction and focus, working collaboratively with product managers and leadership to make hard decisions about what to prioritize
• Be a champion for user testing by partnering with researchers to get your solutions in front of customers; and be willing to conduct scrappy, around-the-office user testing on your own if required
• Partner with strategic product management teams and highly technical development teams to support product launch and iterative improvement
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect or similar role
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions from the ground up and UI design expertise. Must illustrate solving for multi-platform UX challenges with complex workflows and demonstrate scalable, user-friendly design solutions
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI) or equivalent professional experience from top design school
• Experience in a variety of design and prototype tools such as Sketch, Axure, Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Are an outstanding communicator and team collaborator
• Are driven by empathy and a passion for understanding people
• Have experience with user research/fieldwork
• Are familiar with and have executed a variety of methodologies including 1:1 interviews, moderating group conversations, facilitate ideation sessions or running live prototype sessions
• Have experience with synthesizing research findings into insights and creating design solutions
- Transforms complex tasks into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs through the entire experience lifecycle, from the first-time user to the expert.
- Leads and guides the discovery of customer and business needs through contextual inquiries, generative and quantitative research. Uncovers customer latent needs and creates vision to meet those needs.
- Sets the design direction and strategy. Leads others to execute visual, information, interaction and service design elements of the initiative that meets business and customer needs and delights customers. Communicates the initiative and product to others, including senior management, through user journeys, storyboards, prototypes, wireframes and other materials.
- Sets the direction for usability of new and existing products, makes adjustments to align with shifting customer expectations.
- Establish research methods and strategies, conduct studies, and present findings that will inform improvements in the customer experience.
- Coaches and mentors junior staff; Assists management team in training new staff.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesBusiness Analytics – Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.Creativity – Knowledge of the approaches, tools, and techniques for promoting creative, original thinking and ability to apply it to a variety of business situations.Design Thinking – Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and processes of design thinking; ability to utilize the knowledge in designing new products and services and even improving organizational operation.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Graphic Visualization – Knowledge of visualization tools and techniques and ability to create visual images of ideas, concepts and physical objects to communicate abstract or concrete messages to a target audience.Group Facilitation – Ability to design and facilitate a group process, elicit contributions from group members, stimulate a focused group discussion, and achieve a desired outcome.Product Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of and the ability to develop products and bring them into the marketplace.Requirements Analysis – Knowledge of methods and techniques to elicit, analyze and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements; ability to analyze these requirements to ensure the success of a system or software development project.Solutions Development – Knowledge of and the ability to assess customer needs and provide solutions for them.User Experience Design – Knowledge of user experience design tools, techniques and approaches; ability to design applications that are valued, positively perceived and used by clients.User Interface Design – Knowledge of activities, practices, deliverables and considerations; ability to design effective graphic user interfaces for delivery of information to the client's desktop workstation.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.