To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 06/06/2020
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Sets up and operates a wide variety of wood working machines and tools. Assembling items with a wide variety of joining techniques such as miters, rabbets, dados, biscuit and mortise and tenon, and using glues and adhesives to secure wood pieces, veneers and counter tops.
- Installs, constructs and repairs a wide variety of structural items such as building frames, rafters, concrete forms, walls, staircases, door and window frames, interior and exterior trim, and miscellaneous items such as workbenches, counter tops, bookcases, equipment cabinets, computer consoles, and items requiring limited decorative trim and molding.
- Constructs, installs, repairs, and modifies wood, metal studs, and items requiring close tolerance fit and structural soundness.
- Repairs flooring to include removal and installation of vinyl composite tile, mosaic tile, quarry tile, laminate flooring products and carpeting as necessary.
- Repairs roofing of various forms including glue-down rubber, ballasted rubber, steel standing seam, as well as corresponding flashing, gutter, and parapet systems commonly encountered.
- Remove, install, fabricate or repair doors, windows, and all hardware associated with the doors and windows.
- Incumbent is responsible for the security of the lock and key hardware to prevent unauthorized access and maintains all lock and key coding information in a secure and organized manner.
- Orders parts, materials, tools and equipment as needed for the necessary execution of the carpentry duties.
- Completes assigned work orders in the work order tracking system as needed
Monday - Friday; 8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m.
Position Description Title/PD#: