At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Product Manager I within PNC's Treasury Management Payments Product organization, you will be based in Charlotte, NC; Pittsburgh, PA; Cleveland, OH; or Chicago, IL. Other areas within the Treasury Management footprint may be considered.
As a Product Manager I, you will be responsible for:
- Immediate Payments (including Real Time Payments and Zelle)
- Partnering internally with other product management teams and payment transformation teams as it relates to Payment products and services
- Activities related to pricing, implementation processes, reporting, and risk/compliance
- Review and analyze the selection, design, development and promotion of new or existing products utilizing traditional and emerging capabilities in technology, operations, and data analytics to offer customers a differentiated product experience.
- Participates in customer focused quality assessments and improvement processes. Leverages knowledge of emerging technologies to contribute to business case, business plan and roll-out of specific products through all applicable channels.
- Analyzes product, technology, and market trends and third party requirements as necessary, to develop and design innovative features of new and/or existing products or enhancements. Assists in the management of the development, production, roll-out, pricing or promotion of specific products and recognizes, anticipates and resolves operational and process problems that arise.
- Works with internal and external partners throughout the product lifecycle. As part of the first line of defense, supports risk management, compliance, and audit needs as necessary.
- Monitors and analyzes business results of recently introduced or existing products, coordinates reporting, and may recommend modifications to improve results.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesBusiness Acumen – Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Collaborating – Knowledge and ability to promote a culture of information sharing and working together to solve business problems and meet business goals.Competitive Environment – Knowledge of and ability to utilize the processes, tools and techniques for gathering, analyzing, and communicating information about the competitive environment.Data Gathering and Analysis – Knowledge of data gathering and analysis tools, techniques and processes; ability to use these to gather and analyze data on the learning needs of a target population.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Design Thinking – Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and processes of design thinking; ability to utilize the knowledge in designing new products and services and even improving organizational operation.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Emerging Technologies – Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.Knowledge Of Product Line – Knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques for specific products; ability to develop product line processes and strategies.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Producing Results – Ability to utilize assigned resources and leverage back-channel resources (individuals or teams) to achieve or exceed planned outcomes.Solutions Development – Knowledge of and the ability to assess customer needs and provide solutions for them.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.