At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Wells Fargo Technology Regulatory Management (TRM) team is responsible for the management, coordination, and governance of the operational processes for identification, validation, and mapping (e.g. to policy, etc.) of all technology-related regulations and citations globally. The team is accountable for reviewing new and revised major regulatory compliance content to understand key requirements and determine if Technology has established controls to cover regulatory and authoritative guidance requirements. This review and assessment process requires experienced leadership and analytical skills in addition to partnership with Divisional Control teams and the process and control owners.
This Operational Risk Consultant 5 - Regulatory Compliance role offers an excellent opportunity to gain experience of FinTech regulatory risk management. The person in this role will build a detailed understanding of the global regulatory landscape and develop relationships across Well Fargo’s Technology, Legal, Compliance, and other corporate functions.
This Consultant position has key role accountability in Regulatory Management including, but not limited to:
- Execute the Regulatory Management processes, serving as a subject matter expert supporting the regulatory compliance life-cycle, which includes major requirement review of laws, regulations, and rules both domestically and internationally.
- Assist with the process of continuous monitoring and inventorying of legal and regulatory requirements (e.g., FFIEC Guidance, OCC Heightened Standards, etc.) applicable to technology control within the front line, which includes the ongoing assessment of existing front line technology control capabilities against such requirements to identify and remediate potential areas of non-compliance.
- Participate in the planning, executing, and reporting of compliance coverage reviews and control change management validation activities within an assigned risk and control process for the division and or region in accordance with CA Plan. Ensure the development and distribution of compliance management reports and dashboards. Ensure data quality and validation controls are maintained in support of accurate reporting.
- Consult technologists through the design and effectiveness of key controls intended to address compliance risk. Report and escalate control gaps in coverage of laws, rules, regulations, or guidelines. Validate adequacy of remediation taken to address reported gaps.
- Serve as a liaison to second line of defense (Compliance, Risk Oversight, and Legal) to determine applicability and make impact dispositions.
- Facilitate the Technology Regulatory Forum of global stakeholders to review, discuss, and track regulatory changes, inform of regulatory trends, review regulatory monitoring results, and drive ownership and disposition of control coverage gaps.
The Operational Risk Consultant 5 will interact with business and technology stakeholders of varying levels of seniority, and will work independently across a large, complex, and global organization to ensure efficient and successful execution of the TRM operational processes.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience with technology related regulatory requirements and frameworks including: FFIEC, COBIT, COSO, NIST, ITIL
- Ability to evaluate impacts based on changes in laws/regulations and develop company response
- 4+ years of risk policy creation experience
- 5+ years of exam audit experience
- Experience researching impacts to the enterprise resulting from changes in laws or regulations and developing a company response
- 5+ years of third party risk management experience
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet aggressive time frames
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience authoring and presenting materials to a senior-level audience related to compliance policies and/or regulations
- Professional certifications such as JD, CPA, CSCP, CRCM, CGEIT, CRISC, CITP, CISA, CISSP, or similar
- Experience providing consultation for policy development incorporating regulatory requirements
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.