At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
At Wells Fargo, the Chief Technology Office (CTO) organization is leading technology transformation in a multi-cloud technology landscape by developing and delivering innovative products that delight our customers and speed to market banking products to our customers. As part of the CTO Operations and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) group, the Enterprise Observability Team is responsible for delivering innovative, scalable, stable, and secure products that provide deep business insight, operational insight, and predictive analysis. As a member of the team, you will be a key contributor to the development of products that provide full stack observability including application monitoring, logging, alerting, and visualization.
As part of the Enterprise Observability team, the Senior Kafka Engineer will design, develop, and implement a unified logging platform ingesting business and operational data from various sources across the organization as part of a new enterprise logging platform. You will also integrate or assist in building out key technology solutions such as Kafka, LogStash, Splunk, and ElasticSearch / ELK. You will be responsible for implementing unified logging platform that streams petabytes of application data and ensure that all data including confidential data adheres to security standards and policies by implementing necessary controls as code (masking, formating, etc.). As a Senior Engineer, you will partner with internal customers, architects, engineers to gather requirements to build unified logging platform that is scalable, stable, and secure while leveraging Agile methodology.
Required technical expertise with the following technologies:
- Streaming and Logging Platforms: Kafka, Splunk, Elastic Stack (Elastic Search, ELK, LogStash)
- Programming Experience with 1 of the following languages - Python, Java, .Net, Go/Golang, Shell, PowerShell, C/C++
- Experience workwith with structured and unstructured data formats including XML, JSON
- Microservices Architecture, APIs integration, Apigee, Puppet, Ansible,
- Standard Logging Libraries development, integration, enterprise deployment and code refactoring
- CI/CD / DevOps Tools: Artifactory, uDeploy, Jenkins, TFS, Github, Gitlab
- Data Platforms: MongoDB, Hadoop, Greenplum, Cassandra, Oracle
- Cloud Platforms - VMware, Linux, Windows, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure
- Spring Ecosystem including Spring Boot, Spring Framework, Spring Web Flow, Spring Cloud Connector
- Experience working in Agile Methodology and Scrum to deliver products and features including use of Agile tools like Jira
- Operate Tools and Integration - Jira, Remedy, Everbridge, PagerDuty
- Event Management: Remedy, Everbridge, PagerDuty
The preferred location for this role is Charlotte-NC. Other locations that can be considered are: New York-NY, Chandler-AZ, Des Moines-IA, and San Francisco-CA.
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 10 + years of .Net and Java application development experience or a combination of both
- 3+ years of Spring framework experience such as Spring Boot
- 2+ years of experience developing and using RESTful Application Program Interface (API)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Agile experience
- 1 + years of experience with Elasticsearch development, integration or support
- Advanced scripting skills specifically around automation, log rotation, data collection, error collection and alerting
- Ability to manage efforts that require integration of multiple technology systems, operations, or processes
- Strong knowledge of technology with emphasis on the following: development operations, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), (including quality assurance, problem and incident management, configuration management, application infrastructure services (e.g. middleware), platform management, information security architecture, IAM (identity and access management), enterprise architecture, cloud, third party hosted solutions, application risk assessments, information management, enterprise data, CRM services, and books and records)
- Knowledge and understanding of test driven application development
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology governance risk and compliance processes such as; policies, control standards, risk management concepts, or information security
- Ability to consult at the highest technical level on design: planning, integration, implementation, scalability, and problem definition
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- Source or version control tools experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience with Kafka and PubSub patterns tools
- Experience building and integrating REST/SOAP Services and related technology including Swagger, RAML, JSON
- Experience with API Management (Apigee), Service Bus (Apache Camel, Apache CXF, JBoss Fuse, Mulesoft) and J2EE Servers (Tomcat, Jetty, Websphere, WebLogic, JBoss)
- Microservices development with tools like Spring Boot, DropWizard, WSO2, Spark, Play
- Prior experience with 1 or more of the following is required: Python, Perl, Go/Golang, Shell, PowerShell
- Enterprise systems monitoring and logging using Splunk, App Dynamics, ElasticSearch (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana, Beats), Datadog, Nagios, Zabbix, and JMX
- Experience working with Hybrid Cloud Platform Providers and Containers including AWS, Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Container Service (PKS / Enterprise Kubernetes Platform), Kubernetes, Docker
- Build and deployment of applications using tools like uDeploy, TFS, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle
- Experience with application security (SSL, Encryption, Oauth, etc.)
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases like SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.