Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, and both individual and institutional retirement.
As part of the Wealth and Investment Management Next Generation efforts to create horizontal functions to support all client coverage channels, a new organization has been formed to drive delivery of its non-investment products and services. This new group, Wealth Client Solutions, brings teams and functions currently found across WIM’s consumer businesses under a common, WIM-level organization. The team will be focused on transforming from channel-based to client-focused solutions and delivery in an effort to reduce operational risk, improve efficiency, increase consistency/coordination, and bring focus on product management / development to drive innovative growth and improve the client experience. Additionally, the new group will drive a WIM-level culture of product management excellence by creating a culture of innovation, product excellence, client service and risk mitigation.
This team is responsible for the following functions:
- Lending and Banking Products (custom and consumer packaged)
- Deposits Strategy and Management
- WIM Enterprise Partnerships
- Trust and Fiduciary Services Management
- M&A Business Advisory Services
Position: Private/Bus Senior Loan Underwriter 5 - The most senior of Wealth Management's Private/Bus Loan Underwriters. Performs financial analysis and underwriting and structuring of highly complex Private Banking Commercial Real Estate loans and Consumer/liquid secured relationships. Analyzes high net worth individual and borrower global real estate loan portfolio, financial statements and tax returns. Is proficient in WIM’s (or equivalent) Credit Policies and regulatory compliance requirements while serving High Net Worth and Ultra High Net Worth individuals and Family Wealth clients. Exercises independent judgment and works with no direct supervision. Responsible for the efficient and timely analysis and underwriting of highly complex borrower loan requests, real estate portfolios, financial and collateral circumstances. Responsible for highly complex credit structuring and communicating recommendations verbally and in writing. Regularly monitors existing portfolio and communicates findings and recommend solutions to management in a timely manner. Meets with clients in partnership with Private Banker Territory Manager in a client advisory role and in credit negotiations as required. Coaches other members of the Credit Administration when appropriate.
Other Wells Fargo Wealth Management locations in the Northeast may be considered.
- 10+ years of combined experience in the following: financial analysis, underwriting and structuring of highly complex, high net worth, consumer and mortgage relationships
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
Other Desired Qualifications
- Significant Investment Real Estate Underwriting Experience for high net worth individuals and family trusts
- Excellent credit skills: ability to develop, negotiate, and document a broad range of loan types, structures and complex requests
- 10+ years of wealth management underwriting and portfolio management experience; including personal balance sheet and global real estate portfolio underwriting
- Thorough knowledge of financial accounting theory and logic, loan structuring, and banking products and services
- Demonstrated ability to make sound, independent business and credit decisions
- Wealth related underwriting/lending experience is desirable
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.