Do you have experience in Labor Relations? If so, this position may be for you!
This position will provide technical assistance in the administration of the Labor Relations Program to the Employment, Banking, & Revenue HR Delivery Center, which includes the Departments of Labor & Industry, Revenue, State, Insurance, and Banking and Securities.
Come work for the Commonwealth of PA and help us administer the Labor Relations Program!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
This position will investigate and prepare timely responses to discipline and contractual grievances within the Standard and Accelerated Grievance Procedures; represent the Departments as a labor advocate for assigned cases at Joint Area and State Committee Meetings; provide appropriate interpretation on the meaning and method of implementation of collective bargaining agreement provisions; provide advice and solutions concerning labor/management issues; review disciplinary action requests to determine compliance with applicable policies and practices, and the just cause provisions of the various collective bargaining agreements and memoranda; represent the Departments at contract negotiations; assist Chief Counsel in the preparation of cases for presentation to the Civil Service Commission, PHRC/EEOC fact-finding conferences, and PLRB hearings; research, develop, and conduct labor relations training.
- Full-time employment
- Multiple positions may be filled from this posting
If you are looking for a challenging career and want to make a significant impact while helping people employed in the Commonwealth, apply today!Qualifications:
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: one year as a Human
Resource Analyst 1 including six months in the area of the parenthetical;
or one year of experience in the performance of professional human
resource duties, including six months of experience in the area of the
parenthetical; and a bachelor's degree; or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts to your application
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans' preference, and other items can be obtained from:
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)