The PA Liquor Control Board is seeking a highly motivated professional Accountant to join the PLCB team. As an Accountant 2, you will be responsible for conducting audits and accounting for inventory stored in our Western Region Distribution Center, located in Pittsburgh, PA.
If you have two years of inventory accounting experience and wish to explore a rewarding career that offers a great salary and benefits, the PA Liquor Control Board wants to hear from you.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
The goal of this position is to ensure that physical inventory stored in the Distribution Center (DC) matches reported on-hand levels. Inventory accounting ensures not only that the inventory recorded on file matches the inventory on-hand, but more importantly it addresses assessing the correct value of the inventory. Assessing the correct value relates directly to leveling the agency's profitability. An over- or under-assessment of the agency's inventory value would over- or under-inflate the value and profitability of the agency. These specific skills are specific to retail accounting work, which is a separate discipline than finance and budget work commonly associated with government accounting work. Qualifications:
Plan, schedule, and coordinate all physical inventories with inventory teams.
Verify all inventory reports to ensure accuracy and identify and verify all discrepancies.
Reconcile all reports detailing physical inventories.
Identify loss, theft, and shrinkage issues.
Reconcile close out inventories as well as confirm the inventories of opening stores.
Accounts for depreciation for all close-out, obsolete, or de-listed inventory.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - one year as an Accountant 1; or two years of professional accounting experience, and graduation from a four year college or university, including or supplemented by fifteen credits in accounting. Four years of bookkeeping experience and fifteen college credits in accounting may be substituted for college graduation. A Master's degree in Accounting or a related field may be substituted for one year of general work experience.
- This position requires a minimum of two years of full-time accounting experience within an inventory environment.
- This posting requires submission of your college transcripts with your application. You may upload your documents as Attachments during the application process. You must still complete the application and answer the supplemental questions. All documents MUST be uploaded prior to the submission of your application. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided