At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Aerospace Defense and Marine (AD&M) business of TE Connectivity are leaders in the development and engineering of a comprehensive portfolio of connectors, contactors, relays, sensors, fiber optics, wires, cables, antennas, circuit protectors and moldings for harsh environments. We have a global customer base with over 6,000 employees to deliver a broad range of solutions. As part of the AD&M team, you will be joining a group of professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business, whilst maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together and continually improving to ensure constant innovation and openness to change.
TE, AD&M has an immediate need for a R&D/Product Development Engineer Manager, Signal Integrity at our Middletown, PA facility. This position will play a pivotal role in supporting the design and analysis team supporting ruggedized high speed connector products and related accessories for the harsh environments found in aerospace and defense applications. This position will have a heavy emphasis on project framework management and signal integrity connector design. You will be on the front end of new programs and future technologies to drive customer engagement with TE. You will lead and support a team that develops product concepts that range from miniature connectors, high speed signal connectors, and high amperage/voltage power connectors. Using product technology roadmaps from the business office, customer specifications, and robust VoC (voice of the customer) you will work in a multidisciplinary project team to develop a plan for each product/project and execute the strategy for product development to help grow the AD&M business.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from accredited university, and 10 or more years of related work experience.
- Experience in signal integrity design, simulation, and validation activities through product development cycles.
- Experience to shorten development times to be fast and flexible to the market.
- Creating project task frameworks dealing with task durations/sequence for resource capacity loading and managing department budgets
- Establishing signal integrity design performance/functional requirements for new products.
- Experience performing signal integrity simulations for multiple high-speed standards on each product. This includes determining the correct simulation methodology and setup to use, as well as a good understanding of the criteria for each interface.
- Understanding PCB design schematic and layout reviews.
- Guiding connector design schedule and component qualifications from a signal integrity standpoint.
- Making data driven decisions about the product functionality and areas for improvement.
- Experience with interconnect design or experience with connector and/or cable/cable assembly design.
- Signal integrity analysis tools (Agilent ADS, Ansys HFSS).
- Experience with Signal Integrity testing and verifications tools, PNA and TDR.
- Product Engineering experience (sustaining) working with quality, manufacturing, operations, suppliers, and directly with customers
- Demonstrated ability to implement innovative thinking (patents, noteworthy designs, novel process improvements, taking risks).
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets
Travel: Less than 10%
Requisition ID: 80265
Function: Engineering & Technology
Nearest Major Market: Harrisburg
Manager, Engineer, Electrical, Developer, Aerospace Engineering, Management, Engineering, Technology