Prepare and pack parts and instruments for domestic or export shipments. Verify and enter receipt of incoming material shipments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
*Marginal position functions that are not included among the essential duties and responsibilities in this position description are also requirements of this position.
- Receive and disburse orders as follows:
- Prepare paperwork to document receipt of incoming materials.
- Compares identifying information and quantities on the packing slip against the purchase order, counts items for verification, and indicates discrepancies.
- Maintains computerized inventory data records and paper files.
- Notifies proper personnel of incoming materials on a priority basis.
- Deliver materials / packages to appropriate personnel
- Process postage on outgoing mail
- Pack and ship orders as follows:
- Verify identifying information on order.
- Check materials for damage.
- Assemble and consolidate orders.
- Prepare and pack order in accordance with shipping instructions.
- Process shipping transactions in ERP
- Process material movement transactions in ERP.
- Process and apply shipping and billing labels in accordance with shipping instructions. This includes manual processing along with operating UPS, Fedex and bar coding systems to complete airbills and bills of lading for air and motor freight shipments.
- Prepare shipping closing reports. (UPS & Fedex systems)
- Maintain accurate finished goods inventory
- Maintain an inventory of shipping and packing supplies. Order supplies as needed.
- Fold and tape standard and non-standard boxes for packing process.
- Help mount, block, and secure large shipments on skids, crates, or boxes as needed.
- Operate packing foam and Air Express packing equipment.
- Assist drivers loading and unloading the trucks
- Perform general housekeeping in area.
- Regular attendance and the ability to get along with others in a team environment.
- Ability to follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Support company continual improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Tools & Equipment
Familiarity with the following tools and machines: UPS & FEDEX label machines, tape dispenser, foaming machine, bander, overhead crane, step ladder, manual & powered hand truck, battery charger, computer, scissors, utility knife, staple puller, stapler, scales, rulers, steel toed shoes, protective eyewear.
Education and Experience
- High School graduate preferred.
- 1 year experience working in a storeroom or shipping / receiving function preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows preferred.
The physical demands of kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, lifting (up to approximately 80 lbs.), fingering, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions of the position.
The work environment characteristics require exposure to an office setting, while being subjected to moderate noise levels while performing the essential functions of the position. Daily usage of PC’s requires keyboarding involving extensive hand and wrist movements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions of the position.