First Quality was founded in 1989 and in over three?decades has grown to be a global privately held company with over 4,000 employees. Its corporate offices are in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, and Quebec, Canada. First Quality is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. First Quality focuses on private label and branded product lines.
Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, First Quality is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking an experienced?Automation Team Lead for?First Quality Enterprises, Inc.?and the role can be located at?Anderson SC, King of Prussia PA, Lewistown PA, Lock Haven PA, or McElhattan PA.?
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead and provide direction to Automation Team
- Provides input into overall direction, development and integration of warehouse control systems, warehouse automation (AS/RS), and self-guided vehicles.?
- Ensures sound integration of processes and systems across First Quality.
- Leads/manages delivery of Class B Automation Systems projects/solutions (medium size/complexity) on time, within budget and to customer expectations.
- Ensures optimal application performance and maintainability of systems, and environment security thus enabling scalability and continuous updates from software vendors.
- Coordinate activities between Automation Team and Automation vendors to support production facilities’ improvement and expansion initiatives.
- Provide leadership and direction to propagate First Quality’s culture of respect and collaboration, resulting in a safe work environment and reliable automation systems.
- Ensure the Automation Team is implementing and expanding Automated systems in accordance to industry best practices.
- Develop Automation Team members’ competency in technological skill, project management, and team collaboration by providing continuous feedback and ensuring that team training is ongoing.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field Automation / Material handling Systems experience with a focus on warehouse management systems or material handling equipment automation or equivalent education/experience will be considered.
- 10 plus years of progressive IT experience with at least 5 years in Automation Systems, warehouse control software implementation and integration.
- 5 plus years leading small teams.
- 5 plus years leading medium size/complexity projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and ITIL certifications.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with file transfers and socket-to-socket (including wireless) downloads, uploads and confirmations, inquiries and reports systems is a plus.?
- Experience with C/C++/VC++, VB/VBA, ABAP, C#; ASP, XML, JAVA, SQL, PLC programming is a plus.
First Quality is committed to protecting information under the care of First Quality Enterprises commensurate with leading industry standards and applicable regulations. As such, First Quality provides at least annual training regarding data privacy and security to employees who, as a result of their role specifications, may come in to contact with sensitive data.
First Quality is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, or protected Veteran status.