WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/SELF-EMPLOYED (SB/SE) DIVISION? The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers.
See “Other Information” for Locations.
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ASSISTANT DO? As a Management and Program Clerk/Assistant you will perform clerical and technical work in support of management and/or program analysis functions. The work involves procedures and processes in order to perform individual management or program analysis. You will consider differences in the characteristics and nature of one or more program areas and apply the most appropriate one relative to collecting and analyzing information. The projects improve and directly impact the efficiency and productivity of organizational or program operations.
As a Management and Program Assistant you will:
- Identify potential and actual problems, probable causes and research specific issues, gather pertinent statistics or information, report findings and may recommend corrective actions.
- Monitor, review, and evaluate operations and interrelationships with other functions regarding workflow, work redundancy, or systemic problems.
- Verify completeness of specific sets of controls, accuracy of procedures, and timeliness and effectiveness of actions.
- Revise procedures and controls as indicated by studies or assigned by analyst.
- Prepare memoranda, reports, and charts showing findings or recommendations.
- You may serve as data and/or physical security representative.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
GS-7 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-6 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: experience that equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be qualifying, your experience must be sufficient to demonstrate extensive knowledge of applicable programs, policies and procedures to analyze and evaluate information, interpret guidance, draw conclusions, coordinate studies or projects, and provide effective management/program support; Ability to coordinate, or advise on work efforts; discuss findings and resolve problems; Experience with tasks such as extracting information, assembling reports, and administratively monitoring contractor compliance; Thorough knowledge of work functions of assigned area and familiarity with objectives to identify problems and gather information.
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
You must have been at the GS-6 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).