As a leading Organization in the Maintenance of Pennsylvania's Highways, the Department of Transportation Armstrong County Maintenance Organization is seeking to fill vacancies for full-time CDL Equipment Operators to support the maintenance of the County highway and bridge systems. Multiple positions may be filled. Join the Armstrong County Team with this exciting career opportunity!
Work hours: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday - Friday. Work hours are subject to change during the winter and summer seasons. May require travel, overtime, shift work. As an Equipment Operator for PennDOT, you will plow snow and work on construction sites, which are both vital to the safety of the public traveling Pennsylvania roads. You will also perform manual labor, minor repairs to equipment, and preventative maintenance for the trucks and equipment.
Working hard and serving Pennsylvania each day is a rewarding job. You will go home each day feeling fulfilled and productive! Successful completion of the Transportation Equipment Operator Trainee Program; or Graduation from a Commercial Driver's License Training School; or Two months of experience in the operation and maintenance of single-chassis trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating between 26,000 and 32,000 pounds or any combination unit over 26,000 pounds with a tow greater than or equal to a 10,000 pound trailer; or An equivalent combination of experience and training.
* Possession of a valid Pennsylvania Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with the Air Brake Restriction (L) removed or equivalent. Must demonstrate and pass a practical exam successfully in the operation of equipment with a manual transmission.
* This position requires possession of a valid Medical Examiner's Certificate in accordance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
* Employees must obtain an active Tank Vehicle Endorsement (N) during the probationary period and continuously maintain it while employed in this job.
* This position is subject to Drug and Alcohol testing in accordance with Federal Regulations.
* All employees must obtain an active certification issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation in the operation of heavy trucks and loaders within the probationary period.
Pennsylvania residency required.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.