- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering plus fifteen years of experience in the field of turbo machinery; or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude for rotating machinery
- Expert understanding of industry related safety standards, as well as systems processes encountered in heavy industry.
- Knowledge of Turbomachinery product specifications and features including control systems and auxiliary systems associated with steam turbines and centrifugal compressors.
- Expert knowledge of repair processes and practice associated with turbo machinery.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, technical documentation, blueprints, layouts and schedules.
- Ability to write technical reports.
- Ability to take precision measurements
- Ability to interpret train alignment data
- Must be willing to work in man camps, on platforms and in non-industrialized countries.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict with customer and crew by controlling escalation and managing communication
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, Projects, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes.
- Advanced supervisory skills with the ability to lead difficult projects with tight time tables. Must be able to motivate your team and define goals related to the project.
- Must be eligible to receive a passport. A valid passport will be required within 90 days of employment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with key members of other Elliott business units and resolve challenges at site in a timely manner. Some site challenges may require working directly with our Engineering Support Team (Technical Services) by phone and email or directly at site (Technical Services can and will mobilize directly to site to evaluate complex problems and define a corrective action plan to be executed by the Field Service Representative and the labor at site).
- EOM experience and training
- Advanced understanding of dry gas seals and iso-carbon seals
Elliott is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state or local laws of the United States. Elliott is a drug free workplace.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Elliott Group employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Elliott Group recruiting team will become the property of Elliott Group and no search fees will be paid.