At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Support the Head of Compliance Programs in the execution of various enterprise-wide business initiatives program requirements
- Partner with compliance colleagues in identification and strategic planning of enterprise-wide regulatory compliance business initiatives
- Partner with businesses and compliance colleagues globally regarding applicable business-specific regulatory compliance business initiatives requirements
- Partner with other dedicated teams charged with designing and integrating various risk disciplines and business-initiative requirements to address changes to industry-wide business practices
- Work with technology partners in the development of automated integration of global systems to provide adequate reporting and monitoring
- Work with technology partners and compliance colleagues to develop program metrics as appropriate in periodic enterprise project meetings
- Apply project management methodologies, business liaison and business process expertise to enterprise-wide business initiatives
This individual will be responsible for working with the Head of the Compliance Programs in executing various enterprise-wide program and project requirements as applicable. This individual will be responsible for leading cross functional/virtual teams to strategize, plan and execute a variety of programs, services and initiatives that are larger in scope and complexity. Examples might include, but are not limited to: compliance / operational / executive management review coordination, process improvement and redesign, change management initiatives, and ongoing general program oversight. Provides leadership to other consultants and analysts and supports management in the integration/implementation of programs/services/initiatives with cross functional business partners, recognizing the significance of competing priorities and strategies, and adjusting as necessary. Develops metrics and tracks/evaluates performance of programs, services and initiatives. Ensures plans/programs adhere to appropriate policies and regulations. Engages program manager at the appropriate level to guide implementation. This includes coordination with teams focused on coordination of program assessments, including any necessary gap analyses, technology business requirements documentation, working with colleagues across WF Compliance to identify any new or revised compliance and business policies and procedures needs and to identify compliance learning necessary to implement program and business initiatives requirements, and to execute on program and business initiatives objectives. The Business Initiatives Consultant 3 is responsible for communicating with colleagues in Wells Fargo Compliance globally as necessary, to ensure proper attention and engagement are applied to executing on enterprise-wide program initiatives.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience managing implementation of Information Barrier Policy at a large financial services company
- Experience in project management at large financial services companies
- Experience in creating assessable statistics and metrics from various data sources for business use
- Experience in IT project management
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Bachelors Degree
- Ability to take initiative, identify opportunities and implement change
- Ability to effectively assess stakeholder, partner, or client needs while consulting, building solutions, and developing processes
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.