The Department of Transportation Bedford County Maintenance office is seeking to fill a permanent, full-time Highway Maintenance Coordinator position. Join the PennDOT Bedford County Maintenance team with this exciting career opportunity!IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS, AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
- Full-time employment
- Work hours: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday -Friday.
- Winter Shifts will apply. Must be available 24/7 for any and all emergency and/or weather related response.
- Travel and overtime are required.
- Assists with managing the highway maintenance activities in the assigned region of the Bedford County Maintenance Organization.
Join the Department of Transportation and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing your work directly contributes to the safety of your fellow Pennsylvanians, as well as those traveling through our beautiful state!Qualifications:
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: Three years as a Highway Foreman 2; OR five years of technical experience in highway maintenance or highway construction; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training
- This position requires possession of a valid PA non-commercial Class C driver's license or equivalent.
- A resume needs to be submitted with your application. You may upload your document as an Attachment during the application process. You must still complete the application and answer the supplemental questions.
- Based on your answers to the application supplemental questions regarding education, you may be instructed to attach a copy of your college transcripts to your application.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans' preference, and other items can be obtained from:
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)