Assists in the production of asphalt in a plant environment.
- Handling construction aggregates and materials (sand, gravel, etc.).
- Working with hands and power tools run by gasoline, electricity, and compressed air.
- Operating mobile equipment as required such as sweeper, forklift, bobcat, yard truck, water truck, etc.
- Assisting with preventative maintenance and scheduled or breakdown repairs on plant, equipment and vehicles.
- Clean up of all plant areas utilizing tools such as shovels, brooms, etc.
- Assisting with a wide range of other duties in the plant as needed.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: High School Diploma or equivalent. A minimum of two (2) years of plant production experience with construction aggregates (sand and gravel) or equivalent. Must have reasonable communication skills and be able to read signs, signals and follow written and verbal instructions. Must be willing to join the union local and pass a pre-employment drug test.
Physical requirements include: Must have correctable vision with reasonably good night vision. Must be able to lift and carry 50 to 100 lbs. occasionally and /or 25 to 50 lbs. frequently and/or 10 to 20 lbs. constantly to move objects. Requires manual dexterity and ability to bend, twist, turn, stretch, squat, kneel, sit and stand for extended periods. Must be able to work in elevated, enclosed and sometimes hazardous areas in changing weather conditions.
Non-exempt under FLSA.