THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY), Position Description Number D1628000 and is part of the Pennsylvania National Guard, National Guard.As a HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY), GS-0203-07, you will provide advice, counsel, and assistance to the commander/detachment commander and unit staff pertaining to military human resources administration. Plan, organize, and administer the military human resources program for the unit. Oversee the staffing, classification, assignment, and utilization of personnel in accordance with programmed manning documents. Provide counseling to current and potential members. Provide information to members on benefits and entitlements, career and incentive programs, retirement, and other benefits. Coordinate, administer and report weight management and fitness testing, including developing a system for changes within the fitness testing requirements. Serve as medical liaison for military readiness issues. Administer and coordinate the Full Time Unit Support (FTUS) and Active Guard Reserve human resources (AGR) programs actions. Provide assistance on various accounting and finance issues to assist members in military pay and military travel pay issues, problems, and matters relative to temporary duty, basic military training, technical training, annual training, special training, and other active duty requiring special orders. GSU Point of Contact (POC) for issues or problems related to TRICARE and other benefits that require real time automated personnel identification system (RAPIDS) and defense enrollment/eligibility reporting systems (DEERS) processing, administration or maintenance. Develop, establish, and maintain work center training programs. Plan and schedule tasks and training activities for traditional status guard members. Oversees and conducts on-the-job training (OJT) for personnel. Oversee one or more traditional guard members. As required, performs Staff Visits (SV). Perform other duties as assigned.
1 or more Position(s) may be hired against this Announcement.
APPOINTMENT STATUS: EXCEPTED
This is a Dual Status Excepted Service Technician position in the Pennsylvania Air National Guard.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION:
Category 1: Qualified, currently employed Title 32 Federal Technicians working at the location specified in the job announcement.
Category 2: Qualified, currently employed Title 32 Federal Technicians of the Pennsylvania National Guard. (Army and/or Air)
Category 3: Qualified, currently employed Federal Employees (T5) or Federal Technicians (T32) within the Pennsylvania National Guard (Army and/or Air).
Category 4: Qualified current members of the Pennsylvania National Guard. (Army and/or Air)
Category 5: Individuals who are currently serving in another branch of service who are willing to become members of the Pennsylvania National Guard.
INDEFINITE: Currently employed permanent technicians MAY BE able to retain their permanent status and based on the current Unit Manning Document (UMD) and projected resourcing this will allow the applicant to occupy this position as a Permanent Promotion or Reassignment. If there are projected changes in the funding resourcing of the advertised position individuals will be placed on a Temporary action such as Temporary Promotion or Temporary Reassignment. These actions may result in the employee having to return to their prior Permanent Position when changes to the manning occur. Indefinite employment status pertains to applicant nominated, who are not a currently employed permanent technician. Indefinite appointments may acquire permanent status depending upon future force structure requirements; indefinite appointments do not serve a trial period. Indefinite appointments may be separated when their services are no longer needed or when funding is no longer available via a 30-day termination notice.
Enlisted: E1 - E6
Supervisor for this position is Lt Col Changet.
Manpower # 00762111
*NOTE: Accessioning into this position is contingent upon verification of Secret Security Clearance
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Administrative or clerical experience, education, or training which demonstrates the candidate's ability to perform the duties of the position. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicant must indicate at least 12 months experience in the interpretation and application of regulations, procedures or laws. Experience that provided a working knowledge of administrative functions. Experience performing personnel transactions. Experience working independently and setting priorities with very little supervisory control.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES: Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be further evaluated by the nominating supervisor based on the following competencies considered essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Knowledge of all military human resources system requirements for assigned unit.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of Air Force, National Guard Bureau (NGB), state and Group Headquarters and unit regulations, as well as various publications, local operating procedures, and related requirements, sufficient to perform the day to day duties within the human resources function of the organization.--Comprehensive knowledge of the military pay, allowance, and travel procedures.
- Skill in oral and written communications and the ability to prepare and present reports, prepare and process correspondence, interpret policies and guidance, provide advice and guidance to customers, and represent the organization in interactions with other organizations.
- Knowledge of the mission, goals, objectives, terminology, and management practices in the organization to enhance the military human resources technicians.
- Ability to counsel current and potential members on various entitlement and benefit programs.
- Knowledge of the full range of FTUS and AGR human resources programs, sufficient to provide technical assistance to employees and supervisors.
- Knowledge of procedures for processing military human resources documents, to include the identification of problems and trends, and the ability to resolve discrepancies.
- Ability to prepare documentation to recognize additions, deletions, and changes to items authorized.
- Knowledge of human resources programs and requirements to ensure customer requests for automated products are satisfied.
- Knowledge of the automated system(s) supporting military human resources programs (i.e., RAPIDS/DEERS systems).
- Ability to retrieve data for studies, projects, and analytical reports.--Ability to use personal computers with different software applications. Use applications to prepare presentations, graphs,
QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicant's record of experience, training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position to be filled.
SPECIAL NOTE: Per the Labor Relations Management Agreement if there are more than 15 qualified applicants for each position, by category, a KSA board will be convened in accordance with Section 17.8 of the LMRA.
PCS STATEMENT: PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION COSTS WILL NOT BE PAID FOR THIS POSITION.