Would you like a rewarding career that can make a positive difference in the lives of others? Join the Department of Environmental Protection's Bureau of Radiation Protection and experience the satisfaction of public service while enjoying professional career growth and numerous promotional opportunities!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS, AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
This position is primarily responsible for monitoring and managing the radon database to ensure data integrity, quality, and standardization, and to retrieve data for purposes of regulatory enforcement, research, and monitoring radon division productivity. Data is provided to Division Chief, who then reports figures to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), or to technical staff. Processes flow of enforcement activities and applies litigation information content to enforcement documents, applying pertinent policy and program guidelines. Determines standards for automating data integrity and validation measures in Oracle by providing quality control, beta testing, and orders updates as necessary. Handles inquiries from the public for information and literature, and coordinates mass mailings.Qualifications:
- Full-time employment (8:00 AM - 4:00 PM with a 30-minute lunch)
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: Three years of advanced clerical or paraprofessional work which included the collection, recording, compilation, and presentation of office management or program related information; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training. An Associate's Degree may be substituted for two years of required experience.
- A resume needs to be submitted with your application. You may upload your document as an Attachment during the application process. You must still complete the application and answer the supplemental questions.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- Based on your answers to the application supplemental questions regarding education, you may be instructed to attach a copy of your college transcripts to your application.
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans' preference, and other items can be obtained from:
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)