Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
The Risk & Finance Core Services is a horizontal function within Risk and Finance CIO organization and is responsible for delivering data consistently across Risk & Finance. This role will report to Compliance and Operational Risk data lead and is responsible for enabling data consumption from the Risk & Finance Core data platform to the Compliance and Operational Risk Applications
- Works on moderately complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of numerous factors.
- Collaborate with functional peer group engineers and data analysts across a cross functional Agile Development environment.
- Deliver data solutions by collaborating with other vertical and horizontal functions within Enterprise Risk & Finance Technology and broader Enterprise Information Technology groups.
- Design, develop solutions to support metadata, data lineage and data quality capabilities across the Risk & Finance Core Platform.
- Build and operate the data services platform that supports real-time and batch data sourcing/provisioning, data processing, data analytics and BI/reporting.
- Design and build high performing and scalable data pipeline platform using Hadoop echo system, Apache Spark based object storage architecture.
This is a critical role for Compliance Data, reporting and analytic organization. The resource will be responsible for doing hands-on design, technical analysis and development in big data technologies for one or more compliance and/or operational risk domains, including and not limited to:
- Trade/Market Surveillances (spanning all traded products / asset classes for both EQ & FI, globally)
- AML/Financial Crimes/Customer Due diligence
- Equity Aggregation (including Takeover Panel reporting)
- Employee Investment Monitoring (including approved broker-dealer data
- Control Room (management of Gray List/Watch List/IB Deals Conflict)
- Compliance Aggregated Risk Assessment
- Laws, Rules & Regs management
- Compliance Sampling/Monitoring/Testing
- Compliance & Ops Risk Reporting
The preferred work location is NC-Charlotte or NJ-Summit. Preference will be given to those candidates that either currently live in or are willing to relocate to NC-Charlotte or NJ-Summit with limited to no relocation assistance.
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of Hadoop experience
- 5+ years of experience with Big Data or Hadoop tools such as Spark, Hive, Kafka and Map
- 5+ years of experience delivering ETL, data warehouse and data analytics capabilities on big-data architecture such as Hadoop
- 5+ years of experience in Hadoop ecosystem tools for real-time batch data ingestion, processing and provisioning such as Apache Flume, Apache Kafka, Apache Sqoop, Apache Flink, Apache Spark or Apache Storm
- 5+ years of database experience in any two of the following platforms: Informix, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Progress, Couchbase or Hadoop
- 4+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise wide information technology solutions
- 4+ years of data warehouse experience
- 4+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to articulate a complex problem, design, or build strategy
- Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- Ability to manage initiatives related to the following: architecture roadmap that aligns with business strategy and the broader architecture community; hardware and capacity planning, consolidation and rationalization; related emerging technology assessment and incubation
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years of Compliance and/or Operational Risk domain experience
- 3+ years of experience in delivering data as a service
- Experience with Master and Reference data across Compliance and Operational Risk will be a big plus
- Must be knowledgeable in processes and data related to Compliance and Operational Risk functions
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.