Wernersville State Hospital is seeking a hard working, passionate and caring person that is looking for a great opportunity to utilize their experience and training in the field of Physician. The Staff Physician position provides leadership in planning, directing and implementing Medical Services at a Mental Health facility.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.This position provides medical services for the consumers of Wernersville State Hospital. The Physician is responsible for treatment of physically ill patients and related medical functions to consumers at a State Mental Hospital.
- Part-time employment (18.75 hour work week). This position will work 37 1/2 hours every 2 weeks
- Multiple positions may be filled from this posting
- Based upon the nature of the duties in the position description, the individual selected for this position may be required to annually disclose specific personal and business financial information in accordance with Management Directive 205.10 regarding Financial Disclosures Required by the Public Official and Employee Ethics Act.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Program - Auxiliary Aids and Services available upon request.
Provide annual physical and neurological examinations for consumers in an assigned area. Identify patient's medical treatment needs and facilitates patient's transfer to community hospital for emergency or non-emergency medical treatment.
Ensure units Psychiatrist and Treatment Team are aware of patients with medical illnesses and current treatment.Qualifications:
- PA residency currently waived for this title
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements – Three years of experience and/or training in the practice of medicine
- Necessary Special Requirement – Possession of a license to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as issued by the State Medicine Board, or the State Osteopathic Medicine Board
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Legal Requirements:This position falls under the provisions of the Older Adult Protective Services Act.
- Under the Act, a conditional offer of employment will require submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports, including but not limited to, PA State Police and FBI clearance.
Commonwealth employment requirement:
- A conditional offer of employment will require satisfactory completion of a medical examination and a drug screening test.
- You must pass a background investigation
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans' preference, and other items can be obtained from:
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)