At PNC, our people are the greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in serving the needs of our customers and communities. The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc., is a diversified financial services company which operates four primary segments: Retail Banking, Corporate & Institutional Banking, Asset Management Group, and BlackRock. The Company offers a wide range of products and services, including commercial & industrial and commercial real estate loans, residential real estate loans, credit cards, and a full suite of treasury management and capital markets solutions. This position will be located in PNC's downtown, Cleveland, Ohio or Pittsburgh, PA location.
As a member of the ALM PPNR Model team you will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of econometric models for balance/revenue projections on PNC businesses, in compliance with CCAR (Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review) stress testing and CECL (Current Expected Credit Loss) requirements. You will work closely with our business partners, independent risk management and audit, and will frequently present your work to senior PNC executives and regulators.
• Performs complex quantitative analysis and models development to support decision-making by running quantitative strategies.
• Develops, maintain and enhance model frameworks supporting the line of business need. Refines, monitors, and validates existing models. Works with large data to create models.
• Performs advanced qualitative and quantitative assessments on all aspects of models including theoretical aspects, model design and implementation as well as analyzing data quality and integrity. Reviews reports and associated quantitative analysis. Validates existing models and assesses model risks.
• Produce ad-hoc analysis in support of model development or other business needs that require employing statistical methodologies and/or data processing skills
• Work closely with model owners, line of business and risk managers to improve models and analytics.
• Collaborate with model risk management teams on validations and resolving model issues.
• Prepare, maintain and enhance detailed documents for validation and regulatory compliance, using applicable templates.
• Minimum a BS degree in Quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Econometrics etc (Master/Ph.D a plus).
• 5+ years of experience in statistical model development and applied data analysis. Experiences in time series analysis, linear regression, error correction model, logistic regression preferred.
• Excellent programming knowledge in SAS/Python or R. Experience with other statistical software (e.g. Eviews) a plus
• Experience working with large data set and data visualization preferred (e.g. SQL, Hadoop, Tableau, etc)
• Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem solving skills, ability to solve problems while working under pressure, and undertake, execute and deliver on-time multiple simultaneous projects under tight deadlines
• A team player with the ability to develop relationships with non-quantitative partners and stakeholders
Please note, PNC will not sponsor work VISA's for this position
- Utilizes financial analysis, research, and reporting to facilitate business strategy, process improvements, and remediation activities. Participates in stress testing efforts
- Based on own discretion, researches and collects information for PNC's balance sheet.
- Analyzes, reviews and presents risk analytics/stress testing material including documentation and templates to senior team members.
- Partners with lines of business in understanding specific line items of PNC's balance sheet and income statement. Reconciles and performs quality review of data and may work with various review teams, including model risk management, internal and external audit and regulators
- Facilitates business strategy, process improvements and remediation activities
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAccuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.Asset and Liability Management (ALM) – Knowledge of asset and liability tools, techniques and business practices; ability to manage, measure, and monitor risks associated with assets and liabilities.Data Gathering and Reporting – Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Financial Analysis – Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.Financial Services Industry – Knowledge of financial services industry trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters; ability to provide specific financial knowledge and experience to help organizational development.Market Risk – Knowledge of processes, tools, and techniques used for analyzing market risk; ability to assess and manage investment exposures to market risk.Regulatory Environment - Financial Services – Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.