Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
This Operational Risk Consultant role will have accountability for risk management within the Technology Control business group as First Line of Defense (FLOD). They will support End User Computing within the Technology Infrastructure organization. Our environment continues to be one of heightened standards, raised risk consciousness, and regulatory requirements. The model through which we deliver risk programs and oversight is changing. This role is created in alignment with the new comprehensive First Line of Defense risk structure for Enterprise Information Technology. As the first line of defense, this role provides credible challenge to the Technology group, consistent with the Wells Fargo Vision & Values and risk appetite.
The Operational Risk Consultant will contribute to the planning and execution of critical FLOD risk functions, in alignment with the Corporate Risk Model and Technology Control Target Operating Model. Accountabilities of the Operational Risk Consultant will include:
- Document risk(s) within established and new line of business products / services and shared services IT processes / products / services
- Evaluate risks and prioritize risks and remediation work
- Identify & Assess:
- Conduct and support risk assessments that evaluate the environment and estimate the level and trends of inherent risk, determine the effectiveness of associated controls and the level and trends of residual risk
- Proactively identify risks within Wells Fargo Technology across internal and external events
- Control & Mitigate:
- Design and implement effective and proactive action plans that appropriately mitigate risks in a sustainable manner and define Key Risk Indicators to track impact
- Operate controls in an effective manner to mitigate risks and deliver IT value
- Execute the Technology-related compliance process (e.g. Audits, Corrective Action, SOX) and IT Policy Management & Exceptions
- Monitor & Report:
- Monitor controls to identify gaps and prevent, correct, and detect operational risk issues
- Identify, measure, monitor, support, and complete Technology Control training, communication, and outreach programs
- Integrate continuous improvement with metrics and monitoring
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- 6+ years experience within an Enterprise Technology function or Technology Risk function with demonstrated knowledge of technology systems, applications, infrastructure, and emerging technology and associated risks in a business environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strategic ability to execute operational risk management programs
- Experience with information technology oversight programs that align to a Technology Business function (i.e. consumer, commercial, infrastructure, capital markets and/or wealth / brokerage etc.)
- Broad and significant knowledge of technology and the associated challenges, risks, and required controls inherent in a complex federated environment, including knowledge of Infrastructure Architecture, Cloud, Datacenter, Vendor, and third party, BCP, PMO, change Mgmt, problem and incident management, Compliance, IS, audit
- Demonstrated knowledge of Technology and Security risk framework – COBIT, FFIEC, NIST, ITIL, COSO, BASEL, and OCC Heightened Standards
- Knowledge of infrastructure in key technology platforms used by Wells Fargo ( Mainframe OS and Tools) , Distributed server technology such as Windows servers, Unix, Cloud Computing Environment and Databases)
- Proven ability and prior experience in generating a business value proposition and justification for risk consideration and input at new product & service inception
- Proven prior experience in comprehensive risk ownership and accountability for the risk profile positioning
- Track record of providing constructive challenge with appropriate issue escalation and offering solutions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive and lead organizational change
- Demonstrated ability to manage in a matrix environment both domestically and internationally
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of strategic elements of financial, operational, technical, and regulatory environments across a complex global services environment
- Ability to fluently articulate business strategy and operations; translating organizational strategies into clear objectives and business action
- Professional certifications such as CPA, CSCP, CRCM, CGEIT, CRISC, CITP, CISA, CISSP
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
NY-New York: Min: $132,700 Mid: $189,600
NJ-Summit: Min: $132,700 Mid: $189,600
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $110,600 Mid: $158,000
AZ-Chandler: Min: $110,600 Mid: $158,000
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.