First Quality was founded in 1989 and, in nearly three decades, has grown to be a global privately held company with over 4,000 employees. Its corporate offices are located in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, and Canada. First Quality is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (print and packaging materials), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. First Quality focuses on private label and branded product lines.
Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, First Quality is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician for our First Quality Products, Inc. located in McElhattan, PA.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Observes all safety rules and uses the proper safety equipment at all times.
- Follows necessary GMP, FDA, and ISO regulations.
- Repairs all mechanical components of all equipment as required.
- Troubleshoots and analyzes mechanical and operational issues on all equipment and takes required corrective action to resolve these issues.
- Operates all machines so that maintenance, changeovers, and adjustments can be tested when complete.
- Performs preventive maintenance and lubrication on all equipment.
- Performs changeovers on all equipment.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Performs preventive/predictive maintenance checks and inspections of assigned equipment and reports findings promptly.
- Shares knowledge and techniques with team members and assists with training.
- Attends all training seminars provided by the company when applicable.
- Completes paperwork correctly and submits in a timely fashion
- Performs other duties as necessary when directed to do so.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- Completion of all required required maintenance training and assessments.
- Standard mechanical knowledge of all machinery, equipment, and components.
- Standard knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Standard knowledge of product specifications, quality specifications, goals, efficiency, scrap, and production.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to use all measuring tools, micrometers, vernier calipers, etc.
- Ability to run the equipment, hand tools, and power tools.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three years of industrial experience or equivalent required.
- Technical or vocational school training relating to mechanics is preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Walk / stand 100% of time during their shift
- Constant bending, kneeling, and climbing throughout shift.
- Constant climbing and reaching into machines to fix jams.
- Frequent reaching overhead during shift.
- Constant pushing and pulling with arms and legs throughout shift.
- Constant lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Constant use of hands and occasional use of foot control.
- Constant light and firm grasping with hands throughout shift.
- Operation of roll manipulators, baler, and compactor.
- Daily sweeping and organizing floor and work area.
- Required participation in a daily pre-shift warm-up routine.
- Work in an environment with the potential for exposure to dust during certain tasks
First Quality is committed to protecting information under the care of First Quality Enterprises commensurate with leading industry standards and applicable regulations. As such, First Quality provides at least annual training regarding data privacy and security to employees who, as a result of their role specifications, may come in to contact with sensitive data.
First Quality is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, or protected Veteran status.