Are you seeking a rewarding position working in a team environment and providing support to various human resource functions?!?! This job will offer the opportunity to work closely with the labor relations coordinator and have responsibility to support and administer other human resource programs. Are you looking for a challenge and an opportunity to offer support to staff in the area of human resources?!?! Come join our team to have a role in a satisfying support position!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
This position is responsible to work with the labor relations coordinator (LRC) to provide support to labor relations activity at the facility. Responsibility includes gathering information in response to grievances, prepare grievance packets, schedule labor management meetings, attend and take meeting minutes; following direction from LRC communicate with supervisors, facility staff, LRS staff, etc. to address LR issues, respond to inquiries, etc. Apply policy, contract language in managing preparation of grievance packets and participating in various phases of the LR process. Position will manage and administer employee recognition program and other facility programs as assigned by the HR Director. In addition, position will be responsible for timekeeping input for employees of assigned departments, maintaining logs of information, prepare reports as assigned.
- Full-time employment
- Work Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday - Friday, 30 minute lunch period
- Multiple positions may be filled from this posting
- Based upon the nature of the duties in the position description, the individual selected for this position may be required to annually disclose specific personal and business financial information in accordance with Management Directive 205.10 regarding Financial Disclosures Required by the Public Official and Employee Ethics Act.
1. Knowledge of policy, contract language as it applies to HR functions
2. Run reports and provide information to executive staff
3. Maintain info logs, input LR info in GDTS database
4. Provide limited technical support and guidance to staff
5. Effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
6. Maintain knowledge of timekeeping standards and input rulesQualifications:
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - One year of clerical or other comparable experience which involved obtaining, providing, and evaluating information in accordance with established standards OR any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- A resume needs to be submitted with your application. You may upload your document as an Attachment during the application process. You must still complete the application and answer the supplemental questions.
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
This position falls under the provisions of the Older Adult Protective Services Act.
- Under the Law, a conditional offer of employment will require submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports, including but not limited to, PA State Police and FBI clearance.
Commonwealth employment requirement:
- A conditional offer of employment will require satisfactory completion of a medical examination.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans' preference, and other items can be obtained from:
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)