Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group- specific testing.
The Consumer Banking (CB) and Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI) UDAAP Targeted Call Testing Team is seeking a seasoned Compliance Consultant to assist in overseeing and executing control and transactional testing of UDAAP risks as they relate to Consumer Banking and PVSI contact centers. This compliance consultant will act as a team lead for and conduct UDAAP targeted call testing activities. This position will interact with the UDAAP Program Office, Legal Department, Business Control Executive teams, the Testing and Validation teams, line of business Operational Risk and Compliance teams, other ET&V managers, Wells Fargo Audit Services, and other oversight groups.
In addition to the responsibilities above, this position will have responsibility for:
- Developing testing strategies and methodology for UDAAP
- Assist in the training and development of other consultants
- Conducting second level review of other compliance consultants’ work
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls
- Participating in complex testing engagements for UDAAP risks impacting Consumer Bank and Payment Virtual Solutions & Innovations contact centers
- Drafting and review of reports and findings
- Providing recommendations to business line management
- Consulting with various issue owners to assist in developing corrective action plans
- Assist in effectively managing change to ensure regulatory compliance
- May assist with site, agency or other examinations conducted by internal/external parties
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to provide leadership by coaching, training, and mentoring
Other Desired Qualifications
- CRCM, CIA, or other Compliance/Audit Certifications
- Product and process knowledge of Consumer Banking and PVSI
- Prior call monitoring and/or quality assurance experience
- Experience providing “credible challenge” to business partners when necessary
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Risk and regulatory compliance experience
- Ability to identify and evaluate trends, isolate root cause, and provide swift/thorough resolution
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Advanced proficiency with Sales Practice and/or UDAAP concepts; knowledge and understanding of complex regulatory/compliance issues and potential solutions
- Experience developing testing strategies and methodology for UDAAP and FL
- Community Banking or Sales Practices Compliance Experience
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, product and internal controls
- Bilingual in Spanish
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
OR-Portland: 1300 Sw 5th Ave - Portland, OR
TX-Irving: 250 E John Carpenter Freeway - Irving, TX
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
SC-Fort Mill: 3480 State View Blvd - Fort Mill, SC
PA-Philadelphia: 101 N Independence Mall E - Philadelphia, PA
SD-Sioux Falls: 4811 N 4th Ave - Sioux Falls, SD
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.