County Caseworker 2 (Local Government) - Beaver County MH/ID
Commonwealth of PA
Beaver County, PA
If babies make you smile and laugh then what could be more wonderful than spending your mornings and afternoons improving their well-being. This service coordination position is pivotal with facilitating, accessing and locating all therapy services, community supports and resources that will help infants and toddlers develop and learn.
Work Hours: 8:00 am- 4:30 pm (M-F) with a 1 hour lunch
**May need to work outside standard working hours to accommodate and meet the needs of families in the program.**
Hiring Preference for this vacancy will be given to candidates who live within Beaver County. If no eligible candidates who live within Beaver County apply for this position, candidates who reside in other counties may be considered.
Early intervention (EI) consists of services and supports designed to help families with children birth through age 3 who have developmental delays or disabilities. EI services can include: information about how children develop, parent or caregiver education, family supports, and developmental/instructional therapies that assist in child development. EI builds upon the natural learning that occurs in the first few years. It is a process that promotes collaboration among parents, service providers and others who are involved with the child.
We follow a home-based coaching model to help families meet the developmental needs of their child. 75% of your time will be spent in direct client contact; the other 25% will be spent on paperwork. There is a productivity expectation of 330 units per month. This EI position is rewarding in so many ways especially when you are celebrating the child's progress and successful completion of services.
In order to be eligible for this position, you must:
Have successfully examined and have a current score on file. If you have not already done so, you must first apply to the
COUNTY CASEWORKER 2 - MENTAL HEALTH/INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES (ONLINE EXAM)
posting and follow the directions provided.
PA residency requirement
for this title
Be able to perform essential job functions
A conditional offer of employment will require a medical examination and drug screening.
Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to
and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
Share this job