At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Software Manager within PNC's Retail MIS Technology Architect and Strategy organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA. This position will focus on the following areas:
• Apply academic, work skills and experience to the development/deployment of large scale software and systems components
• Designing and implementing various software and systems components within the guidelines of established computer architecture
• Create architectural design, concept to customer solutions, implement code/design/security best practices
• Researching and implementing new and/or evolving technologies
• Recommending/providing guidance on solutions and technologies based on experience
• Estimating specific efforts, demand/capacity management
• Tracking and reporting team assignment and progress
• Communicating status, risks, issues and/or concerns to leadership in a timely manner
• Maintaining and updating documentation regarding the design and operation of all software and systems components
• Assisting in routine work (database management, version control, Network/Infrastructure issues) and general support required of the organization
• Adhering to established best practices for development/design lifecycle
• Establishing and maintaining a high quality of work
• Practicing proper business and professional ethics
• Maintain a productive work environment
Successful candidates will have the a background in the:
• Experience with large scale program analysis/design/development
• Experience with relational database technologies and object-relational mapping
• Familiarity with DevOps practices (CI, CD and CT) and supporting tech stack
• Experience with source code version control (VSTS, TFS, GIT)
• Ability to work well with and collaborate with others, leading/coaching/mentoring teams
• Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated and passionate about learning and working with the latest technologies with effective communication skills
• Proficiency in one or more object oriented languages (C++, C#, Java, Python, Ruby)
• Strong ATM knowledge/experience
- Manages development projects, development teams and application support functions.
- Oversees multiple application programming and analysis projects which include development, installation and maintenance of application programs.
- Monitors and maintains adherence and compliance to quality standards on an ongoing basis.
- Maximizes staff contribution through professional growth and development, to increase teamwork and more effectively meet business needs.
- Analyzes applications to ensure that all systems that are developed, meet business needs and specifications.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
PNC also has fundamental expectations of our people managers. As a manager of talent in PNC, you will be expected to:
- Include Intentionally - Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to expand thinking.
- Live the Values - Role models our values with transparency and courage.
- Enable Change - Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
- Achieve Results - Takes personal ownership to deliver results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
- Develop the Best - Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the achievement of all employees and customers.
CompetenciesApplication Delivery Process – Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.Application Development Tools – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.IT Environment – Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. At least 3 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.