Are you interested in a career working with fiscal budgeting, fiscal invoices and tracking of expenses? If you are then this is the position for you.
Blair County Department of Social Services has an immediate opening for a Fiscal Technician. Our teamwork approach to working with various County and State departments is top notch. We offer a supportive work environment, an excellent benefit package and opportunities for career advancement.
Apply today and start your career off on the right foot.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
Primary responsibility is the accounting for all program transactions funded through the Social Services revenue streams. The employee's main objective is ensuring the invoices requested meet all Federal, State and Count mandated requirements, and that being established, ensuring the timely and accurate reimbursement to providers, consultants and county staff for services rendered to County residents.
- Full-time employment
- Work hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with a 30-minute lunch
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - One year as a Fiscal Assistant; or three years of work involving the maintenance of fiscal or financial records, including one year of responsible work which involves the application of accounting or fiscal principles and practices and graduation from high school; or one year of experience in maintaining and reviewing fiscal records and an Associate's degree in accounting or business administration; or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- If you are provided directions to upload transcripts during the application process but you cannot currently obtain them due to the temporary educational institution closures, please upload the official response from your institution regarding your request. In addition, if asked to provide transcripts for specific coursework, e.g., 12 credits in social science, you may upload a list of completed courses you believe are qualifying in place of the transcripts. The list must include the name of the school(s), course titles completed with a passing grade, and number of credits for each course. Once you receive a copy of your transcripts, you may send the document(s) and the specific job title and job number to which you applied to firstname.lastname@example.org. If selected for a position, you may be required to provide an official transcript to verify educational requirements.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
- A conditional offer of employment will require submission of criminal history reports.
- You must pass a background investigation.
- A conditional offer of employment will require a drug screening.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided