At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
- Senior Product Development Engineer
The Product Development Engineer will concept, design, and validate new products in the Data and Devices Business Unit. A successful candidate will be able to deliver on time design that meet quality and cost targets using innovative platform design thinking. Projects will be assigned to align to TE’s High Speed IO strategy.
- Responsible for product development from market definition through production and release
- Performs activities concerned with design, development, manufacturing, and testing
- Conceives ideas for new products, and uses the engineering tools to create models and drawings, introduce your concept to team and work with the team to develop and acceptable concept into practical product
- Determines specifications, performs engineering analyses, makes preliminary sketches and design, coordinate and support operations such as fabrication of prototypes and testing
- Interacts with customers, vendors, marketing and sales personnel, and other engineering areas during the pre-production stages of new products
- Define and develop new product concepts which provide technical or cost advantages to the customer to improve TE's Data and Devices market position
- Execute technical documentation to fully detail design drawings and requirements, engineering and product change notices, and design history files
- Interfaces with internal and external disciplines
- Reporting and regular communication to the Project Manager
- Provide cross disciplinary product related advice about technical and technical-commercial aspects
- Have regular discussions on progress, work implementation and problems, priorities, analysis, audit, CAE with other involved parties
- Advise and support manufacturing development team and plant with technical solutions
- Vendor liaison at all levels as required, contracting (through procurement) and consultancy
- Assess customer technical complaints and resolve design-related quality issues
- Adopt and adapt to relevant engineering standards and agency practices
- Support TE Launch teams in bringing the new connector designs to production
What your background should look like:
- Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering (or related discipline) and 5 years or more of mechanical engineering development experience.
- At least 5 years of engineering experience in connector or related products industry preferred.
- Fundamental understanding of connector design and mechanical assembly and/or manufacturing techniques
- Design for Manufacturing (DFM) review, preparation, and presentation to address customer design, engineering, and manufacturing requirements
- Detailed understanding of manufacturing processes to include stamping, molding, plating, and automated product assembly
- Experience in development engineering and participation in full product development cycle
- Demonstrated proficiency in 3D Design Applications, ProE(Creo) or Solidworks preferred, Spaceclaim beneficial
- Strong interpersonal communication and teaming skills
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets
Travel: Less than 10%
Requisition ID: 80849
Function: Engineering & Technology
Nearest Major Market: Harrisburg
Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Developer, Electrical, Drafting, Engineering, Technology