At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Business Analytics Consultant within PNC's Corporate and Institutional Banking organization, you will support teams across PNC’s footprint and be located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
In this role, you will be part of the Performance Management team and will support the following functions for all of Corporate and Institutional Banking:
1. Performance Measurement & Assessment - Designing, building, and maintaining performance metrics to support an integrated and customer-centric performance measurement framework. Building these metrics and integrating them into various tools and dashboards requires close collaboration with business partners, a strong comprehension of business processes, and a persistent attention to detail.
2. Resource Planning & Optimization - Designing, building, and maintaining capacity models to support strategic resource planning activity. These models must be balanced, accurate, and well integrated into financial planning activity.
*BS in a technically related degree and 2 years of related experience.
*Working knowledge of technology tools such as Excel, Tableau, and SQL are required.
*Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Leverages analytical tools to provide business and technical expertise for the analytics process, tools and applications for a business function or business unit to create data driven solutions.
- Recommending appropriate performance measures to be produced including lifts, efficiencies, confidence intervals, and other statistical metrics.
- Analyzing and processing data, building and maintaining models and report templates, and developing dynamic, data-driven solutions.
- Providing business clients with detailed, actionable reports documenting the findings from, data processing, and data analysis.
- Consulting on using business intelligence data for predictive analytics and facilitating implementation of new tools and data marts.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAnalytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.Business Acumen – Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Business Analytics – Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.Consulting – Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.