At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Quality Control and Reliability Teams ensure product and / or product components comply with specifications and quality standards. They test and inspect products against performance and integrity criteria to ensure product quality and reliability, and to determine the suitability of product release.
Responsible for performing in-process and final inspections, packaging and labeling operations, and receiving and product release activities.
- Perform activities such as receiving, inspection, packaging, labeling and quality testing
- Inspects manufactured tubes and supplied materials for conformity to standards, specifications, and processing requirements
- Perform visual and tactile inspections for flaws and gels
- Take accurate measurements using various inspection equipment such as ruler, micrometer, height gage, pin gage and vision system
- Ensures equipment is calibrated and within tolerance
- Assist extrusion technician by performing on-line inspection during production
- Assist with the filing of production and quality documentation
- Co-manage inspection priorities to meet customer delivery requirements
- Assist in the preparation and activities involved in internal and external audits
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Other responsibilities as defined
This is a 2nd shift role, hours are 2:15 pm to 12:45 am from Monday through Thursday with a 10 % shift differential.
What your background should look like:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years experience in medical device or similar regulated industry
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to interpret drawing and/or specification documents
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Excellent attention to detail and adherence to good documentation practices
- Intermediate math skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
The Quality Associate will be trained on their task requirements, company quality policies, department policies, and appropriate operating procedures. When a job description is changed or an employee moves to a new position, further training may be required.
AUTHORITY AND RESPONSIBILITY
• The Quality Associate is accountable for his/her performance and will have sufficient authority delegated to him/her to complete tasks and meet any necessary objectives.
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
Requisition ID: 96859
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Inspector, Quality Control Inspector, QC, Inspection, Quality, Engineering