Field Trip Family Involvement Coordinator-Field Trip Division Northeast, PA
Working from one of our Capital Campus Family Service Centers, the Family Involvement Coordinator will work with the Field Trip Division to coordinate and execute all educational and social events opportunities for our families in assigned regions.
The Field Trip Family Involvement Coordinator will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Coordinate, plan, oversee, and execute educationally appropriate field trips aligned to the standards and curriculum throughout the school year.
- Coordinate, plan, oversee and execute social opportunities for our families.
- Solicit on-going feedback to guide future field trip planning.
- Coordinate grade-level trip in collaboration with other Family Involvement Coordinators and grade level teachers.
- Manage high-volume of registrations efficiently and with attention to customer service.
- Coordinate with AgWorks, other departments, and our mobile classrooms to provide high-quality agricultural, career, and mobile lab/classroom experience to students throughout the region.
- Select and guide the student-led Spring Formal committee.
- Develop relationships with venues and organizations to further our social and education field trip opportunities for students.
- Consistently plan new ways to engage students and families through enriching social and educational activities that align with our mission and vision.
- Assist with Family Service Department engagement events and initiatives.
- Coordinate with teachers to plan and execute educational summer camp opportunities within the region.
- Develop a rapport and relationships with our families using exemplary customer service skills.
- Collaborate with teachers on a daily and weekly basis to develop and ensure authentic, enriching learning experiences that reinforce the curriculum.
- Attend any all-school meetings as required throughout the school year.
- Collaborate closely with other Family Involvement Coordinators to ensure consistency across the state.
- Actively participate in the Family Services Department effort to serve our families.
- Manage and budget monthly Expense Reports.
- Other duties as assigned by the Family Services Manager.
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office programs);
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Superior problem solving skills
- Highly organized and punctual
- Customer focused approach with high degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment with a team player track record
- Willingness to travel
- Detail oriented and analytical
This job operates in a professional office environment 2 days a week and out on educational or social events 3 days each week. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptops, phones, IPads, MIFI.
Requires the ability to lift, squat, sit, bend or stand as necessary. Ability to travel to other sites/locations as needed.
- Travel is required for this position to the specific counties for the central region: Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, York, Adams, Franklin, Fulton, Berks, Huntingdon, Mifflin, Perry, Juniata, Cumberland, Snyder, Union, Centre, Clinton, Potter, Tioga, Lycoming, Montour, Columbia, Northumberland, and other locations as needed.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 years of relevant work experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Teaching degree/experience
- Working with families
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Appropriate Automobile Insurance Coverage
- Clear background as determined by State required background checks
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.