At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
As a Finance Specialist within PNC's Retail Finance organization you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA. This position will support the PNC Merchant Services (“PNCMS”) business.
The Finance Specialist will work directly with the Business Banking and PNCMS CFO's, and the PNCMS leadership team - including the General Manager, Chief Operating Officer, and heads of strategy, marketing, sales, product development, etc. - to develop decision support, profitability and process improvement recommendations for PNCMS’ financial metrics, KPI's, and initiatives (including marketing spend, processing costs, new products, and related areas).”
- Provides a variety of foundational financial management and accounting services.
- Prepares and determines content for internal financial and business metric reports and information to support quarterly and annual external reports.
- Responsible for identifying and escalating key risks to management. Prepares financial data and analysis to support risk management in order to evaluate implications and make recommendations to management. Promptly identifies and addresses control matters; maintains sound control processes. Compiles data used for Stress Testing Projections.
- Delivers ad hoc finance and accounting analysis which may include management accounting analysis. Monitors and evaluates performance and authors and delivers communications as appropriate.
- Prepares and delivers information in response to requests and requirements of auditors, regulators, and investors. Contributes to or delivers annual budgets or monthly forecast updates.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAccuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.Budgeting – Knowledge of, and ability to apply, policies and practices for planning and administering a budget.Business Analytics – Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Finance and Accounting – Knowledge of finance and accounting practices, financial analysis, and reporting; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Information Capture – Knowledge of the processes and the ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.Institutional Finance – Knowledge of finance, financial methods, tools and strategies employed by private and public corporations.Managing Expenses And Finances – Knowledge of and ability to use the functions, tools and processes needed to manage financial assets and liabilities throughout the organization.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.