At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Investment Manager/Portfolio Research Specialist within PNC's Asset Management Investment Advisor Research organization, you will be based in Philadelphia, PA.
This position will focus on investment manager operational research and product management as well as working closely with other members of the Investment Advisor Research group.
•Experience in investment firm operational research, prime brokerage experience, trade execution/operations, investment accounting, or investment products audit are preferred.
•Understanding of financial markets and operational aspects of investment companies.
•Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and attention to details.
•Experience with alternative investments is a plus.
•CPA, CFA, CAIA designation is a plus.
- Develops and directs analysis, due diligence research, monitoring and analytical activities for a variety of complex investment portfolio disciplines. Serves as subject matter resource for assigned area of responsibility.
- Develops, establishes and maintains a high quality due diligence and/or portfolio analysis process. Responsible for the monitoring and selection of managers within the assigned coverage area for the platform and/or portfolios. Adheres to and assists in developing internal processes.
- Provides direction to team members to ensure appropriate investment managers are reviewed, selected for the platform and/or portfolios and monitored. Coaches and provides guidance for team members.
- Ensures ongoing internal client support with regard to managers and/or portfolios in assigned coverage area.
- Produces written documents outlining investment managers' organizational structure as well as their investment process. Authors final reports that are presented to Investment Advisor Research. Updates manager profiles and is responsible for quarterly reporting.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAccuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.Analytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.Business Data Analysis – Knowledge of the investigation, evaluation, interpretation, and classification of business data; the ability to collect, identify, analyze and interpret business data using various kinds of techniques to meet business needs and requirements.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Influencing – Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Regulatory Environment - Financial Services – Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.