At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Business Analytics Lead - Fraud Loss Forecasting & Planning within PNC's Enterprise Fraud organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Business Functional Support
The Job Description for the Business Analytics Lead - Fraud Loss Forecasting & Planning:
- Responsible for complete fraud forecasting & plan.
- Responsible for communicating and presenting overall status, key performance metrics, countermeasure solution plans, and readiness timelines.
- Responsible for performing more complex analysis and modeling for multiple products with the goal of minimizing risk and fraud losses and/or other financial exposures.
- Develops complex reports and models to extract data and uses multiple databases to acquire statistical and financial data.
- Utilizes fraud trends to propose policy/procedural changes within segmentation structure to produce optimal results.
- Build relationships with external agencies.
- Ability to communicate with multiple levels of management and the utilization of core leadership behaviors.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• 3-5+ years of SAS & SQL experience
• Experience with statistical modeling techniques including matching algorithm, time-series analysis, user profiling, clustering and classification.
• Excel and other applications to support large data aggregation and management (advanced excel)
• Experience in reporting and automation tools
• Data and reporting experience and attention to detail
• Ability to create trend reports and discuss anomalies with cross functional teams
• Ability to present the data and communication skills
• Manage, structure, and consolidate large amounts of data (building in validation to ensure accuracy)
• Ability to collect, organize and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Effective multi-tasker, able to manage multiple files
• Tableau and MicroStrategy experience a plus
• Knowledge of ORCIT and Ops Risk Loss Reporting is a plus
• Knowledge of processes, products represented by data (enables validation, resolution);
• Operational risk and fraud experience Data analysis experience and attention to detail
• Ability to work with cross functional teams
• Experience with financial institutions in the area of fraud analytics and risk management
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, a team player with open mind.
• Strong intellectual curiosity and passionate about innovation.
• Master degree in quantitative discipline, economics, statistics or computer science desired
- Leads the analytics processes across multiple functions or business units leveraging an array of complex analytical tools to create data driven solutions. Serves as mentor to more junior employees.
- Consults with clients and mentors consultants on tool and strategy implementation and monitoring, statistical scoring, business intelligence, data quality, and analytical product / solution development.
- Determining the optimal analytic approach and supporting development, implementation and enhancements.
- Conceptualizing, developing and continuously optimizing analytical solution for operations and executive management to enable data driven decision making.
- Analyze results and make recommendations for key business partners and senior management or communicate conclusions from complex analytical solutions to a wide range of audiences.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAnalytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.Business Acumen – Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Business Analytics – Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.Consulting – Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Emerging Technologies – Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.