Do you have a passion to help others? Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of older adults?
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
Northampton County Area Agency on Aging has a part-time (20 hours/week) position available for a Senior Center Operator 1. This position checks the daily delivery of food, supervises food service for sanitation and serves meals to program participants. This position also assists in scheduling the presentation of instructional, recreational and other programs for the Senior Center. As needed, will serve as a substitute Operator for other Senior Centers in Northampton County. Records information for participants along with the receipt and expenditures of funds and related data using Excel and Microsoft forms. Acquires necessary training to perform and coordinate Health and Wellness Program.
- Part-time employment
- Hiring preference for this vacancy will be given to candidates who live within Northampton County. If no eligible candidates who live within Northampton County apply for this position, candidates who reside in other counties may be considered.
Apply now to be part of a rewarding experience of enriching the lives of older adults through fun activities, meals and daily socialization!Qualifications:
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: Three months of experience in providing direct services in a human services, education, or community based setting to the aging population or to individuals from various cultures and socio-economic backgrounds or to individuals who have physical, intellectual, or emotional disabilities; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- If you are provided directions to upload transcripts during the application process but you cannot currently obtain them due to the temporary educational institution closures, please upload the official response from your institution regarding your request. In addition, if asked to provide transcripts for specific coursework, e.g., 12 credits in social science, you may upload a list of completed courses you believe are qualifying in place of the transcripts. The list must include the name of the school(s), course titles completed with a passing grade, and number of credits for each course. Once you receive a copy of your transcripts, you may send the document(s) and the specific job title and job number to which you applied to firstname.lastname@example.org. If selected for a position, you may be required to provide an official transcript to verify educational requirements.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided