About Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
WIM has embarked on a multi-year initiative called WIM Next Generation to transform from its current federation of businesses that collaborate to ONE WIM line of business that is better, faster, and simpler. Our new model will enable growth, enhance our ability to serve our clients, make us competitive in today’s dynamic environment, and position us to reach our full potential.
The WIM Investment Solutions Center of Excellence (COE) will align WIM's investment expertise, solutions and product offerings resulting in an enhanced and more consistent advisor and client experience. The COE will be responsible for market strategy and content, asset allocation, manager and securities research, portfolio management, investment risk, investment products, trading, and investment implementation.
The Head of Managed Solutions and Investment Implementation will serve as the investment leader for the customized portfolio management and investment implementation teams, leading a team of the best talent and thinking in the industry in support of the WIM investment philosophy and businesses.
Primary responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Leading teams charged with customized portfolio management strategies and effective client investment implementation support
- An ability to clearly articulate and execute on the product platform and investment capabilities of the Investment COE for the benefit of our clients
- Delivering on investment performance to support the growth of the platform and contribute to the financial success of our clients
- Effectively communicating the attributes of complex investment strategies and products
- Delivering the appropriate implementation advice in the context of suitability and where clients are on the wealth spectrum (client segmentation)
- The ability to form strong partnerships across the investment teams to ensure that appropriate advice and guidance is delivered in a timely manner to our Investment Professionals
- Provide an industry leading set of portfolio implementation tools to our Investment Professionals
The successful candidate for this role will demonstrate:
- Effectiveness in managing high performing teams focused on driving investment and business results through leadership effectiveness and team member engagement
- A collaborative leader that must be capable of managing change and initiating change
- This role requires a leader with strong relationship management, influence skill, strategic thinking and strong execution skills
- Experience directly or indirectly managing a geographically dispersed team will position this candidate for success
- The role requires strong investment acumen, driving results and personal accountability for achievement
Location: Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN; St. Louis, MO: New York, NY; San Francisco, CA – Other locations across the WIM footprint will be considered.
- 10+ years of investment management experience
- 8+ years of management experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- An active Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- Leadership experience with ability to effectively manage and engage teams
Other Desired Qualifications
- 15+ years of investment management experience
- MBA degree
- Direct regulatory experience including: OCC, Fed, FINRA or SEC
- Strong and varied investment experience with prior exposure to portfolio management and investment consulting.
- Deep experience in investment research
- Understanding of global markets and understanding of various market instruments
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to inspire and influence others
- Strong external communication/well-regarded media skills with print and broadcast media channels
- Ability to effectively operate and collaborate in a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to lead through change
- Strong understanding of and commitment to operational and investment risk management and governance processes for research and due diligence
- Track record of building, rewarding and retaining a high performing team
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.