At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wholesale Control (WC) organization serves as the front line risk management organization within the Wholesale Banking group of Wells Fargo supporting the Wholesale businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution. The Wholesale Control team is accountable to assess and effectively manage risks across all risk types and Wholesale businesses delivering an integrated view of risks, producing a sustainable control environment, and instilling a culture of strong risk management. The team is responsible to identify and assess risks, design and implement controls, and execute and monitor the controls to ensure they are working effectively to manage risk across Wholesale. Wholesale Control interfaces with Independent Risk Management and Audit to drive comprehensive and consistent implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
The Wholesale Control organization is comprised of a series of risk and control teams including: (1) Business Control teams managing risk and controls for each of the Wholesale businesses; (2) Risk Operations teams managing risk-type programs (e.g. regulatory, financial crimes, operational risk, conduct) and associated controls and operations; (3) Governance & Programs teams managing cross-functional risk and controls (e.g. governance and reporting, issue management and review activities, enterprise risk programs, control assurance, etc.) spanning across risk-type programs and Wholesale businesses; (4) Functional teams supporting business enablement and infrastructure (e.g. strategic planning, process excellence, transformation, analytics, reporting and administration).
The Product and Services Business Control Manager will work with the Commercial Bank front line, control teams, and product & service groups (e.g., PVSI, FX, WCOO) to implement and execute the required risk controls in an effective, sustainable manner and help identify, escalate and proactively manage risks in the line of business. This individual will report directly to the Process Enhancement Leader, and be part of the Business Risk Management team for Commercial Banking.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary day-to-day coverage officer of the LOB with proven knowledge of products, services, processes, systems and customers in the LOB.
- Serve as the primary day-to-day liaison with Commercial Banking product and services partners (e.g., PVSI, FX, WCOO) for risk control related matters.
- Continuously engage in discussions with LOB partners on strategy, industry trends, organizational changes, and new/modified markets, systems, products and services, to determine impact and identify and remediate risk control issues across all risk types.
- Collaborate with, guide and counsel LOB partners on control design and implementation to mitigate risks.
- Collaborate with, guide, and counsel LOB process and control owners on identifying where controls reside, managing control changes and evaluating effectiveness.
- Collaborate with, guide, and counsel LOB partners on matters relating to the implementation of corporate policies and Wholesale requirements.
- Help ensure proper LOB profiles of applicable regulations and associated controls as well as residual risks and compensating controls are maintained and continuously updated in appropriate systems of record on an ongoing basis.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 8+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 8+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 4+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, including: risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance.
- Deep technical understanding of specific business operations, processes, products, and customer interactions and where they manifest risk.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and regulators, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships within the business and enterprise Risk function.
- Proven project management skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end-to-end risk management solutions and controls aligned with business/customer processes.
- Deep understanding of risk framework, corporate/business policies, and programs to translate into plans for the business, function and/or risk type.
- Demonstrated leadership ability that embodies the Wells Fargo Vision & Values and leadership competencies.
- Ethical integrity and demonstrated ability to assess and determine when to raise concerns and escalate.
- Strong analytical ability used to identify risks and confidently raise issues, escalate early and engage in constructive credible challenge and will do so independently when necessary.
- Ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationale.
- Ability to design and implement control analytics and reporting to drive effective decision making and results.
- Ability to solve problems and analyze issues when data is collected from multiple sources and know how to ask the right questions to obtain the information needed to properly assess potential risks
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.