Come work in an exciting and fast-paced office to assist organization in providing nutritious meals to the community.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
This is administrative and supervisory work coordinating a regional summer meals program to ensure compliance and consistency with summer food program laws and regulations.
- Employee is temporary full-time from May through the end of August (approximate)
- Work Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM; Monday - Friday; one hour lunch
- This position is not salary; paid hourly for the hours worked.
- Hiring preference for this vacancy will be given to candidates who live within Allegheny County. If no eligible candidates who live within Allegheny County apply for this position, candidates who reside in other counties will be considered.
An employee in this job is responsible for the coordination of the regional office in a designated geographic area, and the coordination of a summer meals program with responsibility for ensuring the site and administrative reviews are completed annually in compliance with federal regulations and state policies, and supervising regional staff. Work involves coordinating with the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE), Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) staff to interpret federal program regulations, state policies and procedures, and apply them to daily operations of the program sponsors. Work includes: determining compliance with federal program regulations, assisting the sponsors, reviewing site and administrative reviews and approving corrective action plans, and providing training and guidance to SFSP regional staff and sponsors. Additional duties include managing the regional office, assigning and supervising regional field monitors and the regional assistant, approving timesheets and travel reimbursements, and assisting Department of Education SFSP staff with planning and implementing the summer meals program.
Assignments are carried out under the supervision of the SFSP Manager and performed with considerable independence with changes in operational standards, procedures, work policies, and questionable situations discussed in detail with the supervisor prior to implementation/resolution. Work is reviewed through conferences, reports, and evaluation of results.Qualifications:
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: One year as a Summer Meals Regional Assistant; OR Six months of experience monitoring a state or federal child food service program; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts to your application. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided