At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Compliance Program Advisor within PNC's Retail Compliance, 1st line of defense organization. As part of PNC’s Retail and Consumer Lending Compliance Department, you will be a member of the Center of Excellence (COE) team focused on compliance with requirements that span multiple products and segments within the Retail Bank and Retail Lending organizations.
As a Compliance Program Advisor, you will be a subject matter expert with a focus on Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Fair Lending, supporting front line operations and line of business product teams across Retail. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: advising business partners on compliance requirements, assessing the effectiveness of procedures/controls from a compliance perspective, providing compliance support relating to the implementation of new/enhanced products/services, advising business partners on the resolution of issues, reporting Compliance Program results/risks, engagement and support of internal audits and external regulatory exams, monitoring and review of customer complaints, and effectively communicating compliance requirements to diverse audiences. You will collaborate with LOB Risk partners, Enterprise Compliance and Legal as needed throughout these activities.
While a Compliance Program Advisor, is not a manager position with direct reports, this role will require you to provide guidance and support to other team members, including engagement in onboarding of new team members, advising on Compliance Monitoring Activities, providing additional support to other regulations, such as HMDA and UDAAP, as needed.
- Communicates effective compliance programs to identify and prevent illegal, unethical, or improper business practices. Coaches and mentors junior staff and raises issues to senior team members. Demonstrates ability to constructively challenge the status quo.
- Supports key business initiatives by analyzing and drawing conclusions from data to identify compliance risks. Provides resolutions to manage and mitigate the identified risks. If necessary, escalates identified risks to senior team members. Identifies compliance impact on matters such as marketing materials, sales programs, product development, documentation review and other business initiatives. Works cooperatively with the business, legal partners, audit and other risk disciplines across the organization.
- Assesses activity for existing and emerging risks. Evaluates the materiality of the risks identified and presents recommendations on necessary risk mitigation. Uses knowledge on current laws, rules, and other regulatory requirements and drafts or assesses Compliance Manuals, Front Office materials, policies and procedures to ensure alignment.
- Leads the compliance monitoring program and reviews activity to ensure it falls within established risk control limits. Helps to identify and define the compliance program objectives for assigned area, products/services, and applicable regulations. Communicates and socializes compliance program objectives to senior business partners. Independently challenges analyses and formulates insightful recommendations.
- Reviews compliance reports to identify deeper issues and common themes. Escalates issues through proper governance channels as needed, and recommends corrective action plans. Mentors and coaches junior staff on report analysis techniques as applicable. Updates and implements new/enhanced reports in order to ensure timely and effective compliance with regulatory requirements.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAnti-money Laundering/Sanctions Policies and Procedures – Knowledge of and ability to prevent or report money laundering and Sanctions-related activities in banking and financial services industry.Audit And Compliance Function – Knowledge of and ability to manage the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the Audit and Compliance (A&C) function or department.Fraud Management – Knowledge of and ability to employ internal controls and to enhance business strategies for the purpose of detecting, correcting and preventing fraudulent activities.Internal Controls – Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.