At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company’s financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company’s shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
Position would report to an existing Finance Lead Consultant within the Product Control COE and be responsible for assisting in daily P&L reporting and Reconciliation. Balance sheet analysis, substantiation, and completeness review. Effective challenge of P&L, Balance Sheet, and Expenses as well as Day-1 P&L breaches. Engagement in P&L attribution. Assist in the analysis to articulate commentary of drivers related to monthly, quarterly, and full year variances in P&L and Balance Sheet on the Derivatives and Prime Brokerage desks. Be able work in an environment that requires integrated partnership with multiple groups Controllers, IPV COE, and Market Risk
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics and reporting; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Emphasis of experience with Equity & Equity Derivative businesses
- Knowledge and understanding within a Product Control control environment of a Financial Services firm
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Experience in finance, strategy, accounting or related analytical-focused role within the banking / financial services industry
- Understand the operational processes around complex trade flow capture, transactional and positional reconciliations between front office, middle office and back office systems, complex adjustment schedules for tracking daily profit and loss totals, price validation and management reporting for these products
- Strong Equity Derivative Product background
- Demonstrated experience with interpreting and / or compliance with complex regulatory requirements.
- Comfort with defined and undefined responsibilities which may evolve over time.
- Knowledge of Finance and Accounting concepts, methodologies and systems. (Cost Basis Accounting, GAAP, Balance Sheet and Income Statement)
- Exposure to broker dealer entities and the business activities they conduct, including derivatives, securities financing, etc.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.