ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS: This position is located in the U.S. Census Bureau's Area Census Office (ACO) in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
In order to be considered, ALL APPLICANTS MUST RESIDE within the Allentown, Pennsylvania local commuting area.
Relocation will NOT be paid.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Directly supervise approximately 10-15 Census Field Supervisors, and approximately 3-5 office support clerks.
- Provide group and individual training; monitor daily assignments; and provide advice and guidance to subordinate staff.
- Maintain effective public relations with the community within the office boundaries, such as the local news media, community leaders and organizations, and local government officials.
- Establish an effective working relationship with traditionally hard to enumerate populations or with specific populations indigenous to the area within the office boundaries, which incumbent is responsible for, including those with unique cultural community, religious, or other characteristic.
- Ensure specific levels of quality and progress of field operations are being met through analysis of various computer generated reports and observation.
- Review and analyze cost, quality, and progress reports to ensure operations are conducted within prescribed time/allocations and quality and cost efficient standards.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that the application submitted clearly indicates that they meet the qualifications listed below. To be eligible for this position, you must have the specialized experience.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
EXPERIENCE: Applicant must have one year of specialized experience for this position that includes supervising, training and delegating work to subordinates; overseeing and providing guidance directly to staff; working in a team environment to negotiate with others in order to secure support from multiple businesses and organizations; communicating with diverse populations; setting priorities; developing, monitoring, and/or analyzing detailed program/project requirements and implementation schedules; reviewing cost, quality, and progress reports.
EDUCATION: Education cannot be substituted for experience.