We are CAES, a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven. We offer competitive wages, benefits from day 1, a work schedule with every other Friday off, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO and 11 paid holidays per year.
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
CAES is seeking an Test Engineer I that will develop test plans, procedures, fixtures, Special Test Equipment (STE) and will support production test technicians conducting tests of motors, actuators, slip rings, and control electronics for the same. Emphasis should be placed on the use of common fixtures/STE and the use of automation in test plans and execution to optimize resource use and quality consistency. In addition to facilitating test readiness, and supporting ongoing test activities, the Test Engineering candidate will be trained to operate thermal vacuum chambers, thermal chambers, and vibration test equipment. The candidate will ultimately be responsible for performing vibration testing of motion products and interpretation of the resulting data.
- Develop test plans to meet contract test requirements as defined by verification and validation flow down from systems engineering.
- Implement the test plans developing detailed procedures, fixtures, STE required to conduct the test activity.
- Perform assembly of test fixtures, test harnesses, and circuit cards for fixtures.
- Installation of test fixtures into thermal vacuum chambers and on the vibration shaker.
- Perform specialized testing for advanced actuators and systems.
- Provide ongoing support of production test technicians during production test activities.
- Learn to operate the multi-axis vibration controller and shaker setup and be able to interpret the resulting data.
- Work directly with customers’ subject matter experts to ensure that we meet customer technical expectations.
- At the close of a project, document lessons learned; secure fixtures and STE for future use.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software and/or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible, the applicant must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- 1+ years of Test software experience (LabVIEW, Python, C++, Matlab or similar).
- 1+ years of electro/mechanical test engineering experience including electrical troubleshooting and basic mechanical skills.
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Familiarity with testing and troubleshooting electrical components.
- Experience interfacing with customers in a professional environment.
- Motor operation basics and testing, actuator testing.
- Familiarity with thermal chambers, vacuum chambers, and/or vibration testing experience.
- Working in an aerospace business environment.
CAES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of CAES to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. CAES will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
CAES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@caes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.